D&D 5E I think D&D Next should have been called D&D Last

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
So long as people keep buying the game... there will never be an end of the publishing cycle. If there's a market for it and your costs to make it can be covered by the profits when you sell it... D&D will get published ad infinitum.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I really do, if this version doesn't do what they intend it to do, it should be the LAST version of D&D ever, NO MORE! I really am sick of all the versions of D&D and the retro-clones, it's just too much anymore.

You don't have to buy them all, you know.

Remathilis

Legend
That actually seems to be how they're thinking about it--Mearls mentioned at GenCon that foreseeable future editions would be more like 3.5--incremental updates with errata, incorporation of popular elements from non-core products into future versions of the core, etc.

Wasn't that 4e? I mean I recall re-buying the PHB for 3e about 3 years after it came out...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't bought anything new from them since they announced 4e was to be no more.

Well, that's up to you. Seems a bit off to want companies to stop making products that others may want to buy just because you personally don't. I mean, I hate some flavours of ice cream, but I don't demand the supermarkets stop selling them. I don't play Warhammer, but I'm not demanding Games Workshop stop making it.

Remove ads