• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I think I'm moving to Seattle, or close to it.

punkorange

First Post
Well, I'm at the point where the hole in the ground town I live in has just about sucked my life from me. My wife and I, my 3 year old boy, and a few of our friends are thinking of packing up and moving from Arkansas to Washington. We all have a friend or two who lives there, but for the most part it will be completely new. It's scary, but also very exciting. My wife and I have been married for 6 years and it seems that in those 6 years we've always lived in the shadow of our family, and we're very excited about living our own lives.

Sorry for babbling, just getting out some expression.

btw, anyone on here from the Seattle area?

kenobi65

First Post
Given the number of Paizoans, and current and former WotCians, on this board, I suspect the answer to your question is "yes". :)

A few years back, I thought I might be moving out there (a long story involving WotC)...it didn't pan out, but my friends who live out there rave about it.

From what they've told me (and actual residents probably have better / more accurate info):
- Be prepared for a shock when it comes to cost-of-living, esp. coming from Arkansas. My understanding is that, while not quite as crazy as, say, SoCal or suburban DC, housing prices are still nuts there.
- It's generally pretty liberal politically and socially.

Last edited:

punkorange

First Post
Yeah, I can only assume the cost of living will be an extreme change, but then again, there is a bit of compensation in way of pay rates to though, right?

occam

Adventurer
kenobi65 said:
- Be prepared for a shock when it comes to cost-of-living, esp. coming from Arkansas. My understanding is that, while not quite as crazy as, say, SoCal or suburban DC, housing prices are still nuts there.

That's for da*n sure (sez I, trying to figure out how to afford a house).

Even so, it's a fun, beautiful place to live. And if you enjoy good beer, it's a world away from Arkansas. When you can walk into a local Italian or "Mexican" joint and still expect to have the option of ordering a Mac & Jack's or a Widmer Hefeweizen... that's hard to beat. :)

kenobi65

First Post
punkorange said:
Yeah, I can only assume the cost of living will be an extreme change, but then again, there is a bit of compensation in way of pay rates to though, right?

Probably, but, from what I've been told, don't count on that adjustment being sufficient to cover the difference in housing prices.

Pyrex

First Post
punkorange said:

Yes, but it's not a linear relationship... :\

Khairn

First Post
Depending on where you will be working, the further away from Seattle you can go, the lower the cost of living. Also the geography of the place makes travelling through the city a challenge. So if you are going to work on the north end of town, go further north to live.

Let me know if you're up near Bellingham.

Remove ads