D&D 5E I want all the D&D ... what will it cost?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I was wondering .... what happens if you want ALL THE 5E D&D? How much will it cost? So I took a quick tour of Amazon, and here's the break down of how much it would cost someone to own all the D&D (5e), as of right now, in the US, through Amazon!

(This does not include collections of books, special editions, boxed sets like the Essentials which is $15.99 or the innumerable dice, spell cards, DM screens etc. Just rule books).

Books
Core
Player's Handbook $33.74
Monster Manual $33.96
DM's Guide $26.96
Subtotal: $94.66

Settings/Crunch

Mythic Odysseys of Theros $44.96
Explorers Guide to Wildemount $34.07
Eberron: Rising from the Last War $28.99
Acquisitions Inc. $33.53
Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica $26.02
Volo's Guide to Monsters $40.07
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes $26.99
Xanathar's Guide to Everything $26.49
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide $26.60
Subtotal: $287.72

Adventure Paths

Ghosts of Saltmarsh $29.68
Descent into Avernus $29.99
Waterdeep Dragon Heist $28.99
Waterdeep Dungeon of the Mage Mage $27.49
Curse of Strahd $29.99
Hoard of the Dragon Queen $20.84
Out of the Abyss $35.58
Princes of the Apocalypse $40.30
Storm King's Thunder $32.31
The Rise of Tiamat $18.89
Tomb of Annihilation $28.99
Tales from the Yawning Portal $30.49
Subtotal: $353.54

So the total to own all the D&D books right now is .... $735.92.

Honestly, not that bad!

But just don't get into miniatures. At that point, you might as well start a cocaine addition- it will cost you less.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I was wondering .... what happens if you want ALL THE 5E D&D? How much will it cost? So I took a quick tour of Amazon, and here's the break down of how much it would cost someone to own all the D&D (5e), as of right now, in the US, through Amazon!

(This does not include collections of books, special editions, boxed sets like the Essentials which is $15.99 or the innumerable dice, spell cards, DM screens etc. Just rule books).

Books
Core
Player's Handbook $33.74
Monster Manual $33.96
DM's Guide $26.96
Subtotal: $94.66

Settings/Crunch

Mythic Odysseys of Theros $44.96
Explorers Guide to Wildemount $34.07
Eberron: Rising from the Last War $28.99
Acquisitions Inc. $33.53
Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica $26.02
Volo's Guide to Monsters $40.07
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes $26.99
Xanathar's Guide to Everything $26.49
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide $26.60
Subtotal: $287.72

Adventure Paths

Ghosts of Saltmarsh $29.68
Descent into Avernus $29.99
Waterdeep Dragon Heist $28.99
Waterdeep Dungeon of the Mage Mage $27.49
Curse of Strahd $29.99
Hoard of the Dragon Queen $20.84
Out of the Abyss $35.58
Princes of the Apocalypse $40.30
Storm King's Thunder $32.31
The Rise of Tiamat $18.89
Tomb of Annihilation $28.99
Tales from the Yawning Portal $30.49
Subtotal: $353.54

So the total to own all the D&D books right now is .... $735.92.

Honestly, not that bad!

But just don't get into miniatures. At that point, you might as well start a cocaine addition- it will cost you less.

If you're ok with electronic content the Legendary Bundle from D&D Beyond will get you all of those (minus theros, I think, though that will be 15% off) for about $503 right now.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
If you're ok with electronic content the Legendary Bundle from D&D Beyond will get you all of those (minus theros, I think, though that will be 15% off) for about $503 right now.

This was more of a thought-experiment- I already have many of these books. But that does make for a useful comparison!

Mort

Legend
Supporter
This was more of a thought-experiment- I already have many of these books. But that does make for a useful comparison!

That's the "big" problem with D&D beyond. Those that already bought the books have to double pay - and It's a 3rd party company reciprocity isn't really in the cards.

But if you're starting fresh and don't mind electronic content - it's a pretty good resource.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
That's the "big" problem with D&D beyond. Those that already bought the books have to double pay - and It's a 3rd party company reciprocity isn't really in the cards.

But if you're starting fresh and don't mind electronic content - it's a pretty good resource.
There has been some small reciprocity. The D&D Essentials Set has a code to get the adventures for free in D&D Beyond. Recently they announced that several WPN (or all of them? I'm not sure) have 20 coupons each for customers that preorder Theros from the store. The coupon is good for 50% off at DDB.

Given how much people protest about digital prices I thought Amazon would be cheaper than the Digital versions. Everything I checked from your list is cheaper at regular price both on Fantasy Grounds (and I assume D&DB). And both of which offer additional 15% discounts for various bundles.

So yea, you could buy all that and a FG license for less on FG than you can buy a printed/hard copy from Amazon. D&D Essentials Bundle for Fantasy Grounds

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases