I want to be able to buy my kid an Underdark playset

I don't have a kid yet, but well, my wife and I were checking out an exhibit at Atlanta's High Museum of Art on Beatrix Potter:
1698188998527.png

(Really great exhibit, by the way. That woman was a virtuoso.)

In one little corner of the exhibit was a photo someone had sent her of a doll house they had made for their kids, which may have inspired some of Potter's work, and it made me remember how much I loved big playsets in my youth, like for GI Joe and He-Man:

1698189152191.png

1698189200971.png

I want one of these for my kid some day. I want a multi-level Underdark cavern, with glowing mushrooms, and ropers, and lava pools, and tunnels for hook horrors and bulettes to come out of. Make some Drizzt action figure, and all the Baldur's Gate 3 characters, and a beholder, and more.

What sort of RPG-inspired playset do you think would be cool for a kid to play with?

aco175

Legend
I recall that we were rather poor when I was little, like everyone in the neighborhood, and my father would built sets like this out of wood since he worked at the lumber yard. We had wooden tanks and the Pine Falcon that Han and Chewy had to fly in. I thought I was missing out, but now I see it differently.

I recall that we were rather poor when I was little, like everyone in the neighborhood, and my father would built sets like this out of wood since he worked at the lumber yard. We had wooden tanks and the Pine Falcon that Han and Chewy had to fly in. I thought I was missing out, but now I see it differently.
Similar, though I made my own play sets, and used them. Still have them around somewhere. Working with wood is so very relaxing.

Remove ads