• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Want to do Everthing - The Half Elf Bard

Remathilis

Legend
I can't believe I forgot Spiteful Glamour.

Sadly a no on the Articifer homebrew multiclass power, at least for now. Though the thought of picking up Warlord, Cleric, and Artificer multiclass feats for 3 more heals per day is interesting...but those feats could be better served somewhere else.

Well, the three powers would still be available for half-elf dilettante, unless no playtest either either. ;)

jbear

First Post
I am introducing a CHA Half Elf bard with Int as second stat,Wizard as first Secondary class, and at 2nd level feat: Mastery Implement: Wand. I chose Eyebite as Dilettante as well. Looks very fun! Can't wait!

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Effect Line of Divine Challenge: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target, or if you fail to engage the target (see below). A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place.

While a target is marked, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn't include you as a target. Also, it takes radiant damage equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier the first time it makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target before the start of your next turn.

It doesn't state that had to be marked by the power, but only they be marked.
If the second paragraph started with something like "While a creature is marked by you..." then I'd agree with you. But the second paragraph begins with "while a target is marked..." A target of what? The targeting power in this case is Divine Challenge. The monster who is attacked by Misdirected Mark is not the target of Divine Challenge. At least, that's how I see it.

Wik

First Post
Ha. I'm actually in a similar boat as you... I'm planning on making a Half-Elven Bard who multi-classes. I was thinking of taking mostly sorcerer powers, with my at-will being a charisma-based paladin ability.

I got to play a bard last week, and the given build is very ranged-attack heavy... if I get a chance to play one, I'm going to try to work in some melee attacks (to make a leader/defender/striker...)

I don't really know how the multi-classing thing works - do I have to spend a feat each time I want to multi into a new class? Because if I did... yikes.

Oh, yeah. Jack of All Trades is a necessity bard feat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads