5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Villager
The befezzed orc claims, "I once met the prince of all giant monkeys. Made his whole family into sausage."

Dorkath looks Euon in the eyes. "He'd have eaten you alive."

Food shows up at some point. Much pizza to be had. Much ale.

"If what you say is true... I think we'll need take Harshnag's opinion on the matter. If anyone is aware of giant's business, it will be him. Sadly he has not placed an order in a bit. I hear his company was mostly murdered."
 
Euon paled. He was accustomed to be treated like the scourge of the land, but the orc's directness, bearing, and demeanor made Euon uneasy. He wanted something to eat, but dared not extend his hand to reach for a slice of the fragrant pie lying on the table. If he were to reach for it, his wrist would be exposed and everyone would see the scaly skin of the beginnings of his greyscale. Euon froze. He stayed put, too scared to edge further out of sight behind Davaros, but unwilling to relax and be seated at the table with the others. I hate people. Hate them. I just want to get somewhere quiet and hole up for a bit. Isn't there anywhere I could go? Euon's eyes shifted to the door.


OOC: I'll do another message sending of Euon's thoughts to Bella. His sending them is inadvertent and unwitting; he doesn't know he's broadcasting his fear. [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]
 

Shayuri

Villager
"Who's Harshnag?"

Someone bumped up against Euon, a pretty little half-elf with flyaway red hair and an impertinent grin as she stretched a little to reach over the table and snag a piece of the 'pizza.'

She flashed him a look that was somehow both apologetic and unrepentant as she dragged her prize over in front of her.

"If any of them're left, we can find 'em!"
 

GreenKarl

Villager
Uric just grunts in agreement and grabs an large slice. Biting into it he says "Not bad... could use more deer meat..."
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Bellalalalinda had been overwhelmed with the smells of the baking breads, and the melted cheese. Oh, the melted cheese. On entering the establishment she had instantly pulled up against a table, her nose just reaching the top as she inhaled deeply. She knew what she wanted to order, but struggled to get the attention of one of the servers.

It had been an easy journey for her only because she had been carried most of the way by Whistler. He was a good friend, she knew, and in fact thought she could her the thump-thump-thump of his feet on the other side of the thatched roof. There he was, keeping himself out out sight but always within calling distance. Poor guy won't get any cheese, she thinks to herself.

She had not been a good companion for the others, wandering off on her own. Euon had kept talking to her imagination, in that special way that he had. It tickled the inside of her ears, and gave her a reassuring comfort. He was a good friend for her, even if he was so quiet, she thought. There was no way for her to talk back of course, but the sights and smells had been enough and it was only now that she was rejoining the group with the orc with the funny hat.

As she approached, she could hear him say, "I once met the prince of all giant monkeys. Made his whole family into sausage." This made her very pleased with herself for encouraging Whistler to stay outside. He'd not want to hear that.

Bellalalalinda pulled herself up on a stool, and stool, so she was now roughly eye-level with the others who were standing. "Ready!" she proclaims to no one in particular. She is pleased with herself.
 

Creamsteak

Villager
"Harshnag is Harshnag. That's his name. He's legendary, how have you not heard of him? Force Grey! Notoriously destructive adventuring company that has saved Waterdeep on multiple occasions. He's the big one. When he showed up, you knew something was about to go down..."

To Uric he responds rather angrily, "You get to decide how it's made when it's your restaurant!"

Once some have had their fill of food he continues...

"So you've delivered your messages. Thanks for the tooth. It'll come in handy soon, I'm sure." His knowing smile seems quite a bit sinister as he says that. He will exchange a tip of 10 gp for the giant's tooth. "I just wish there were more..."

He gives everyone some time to discuss things and introduce yourselves to each other (ideally). His eyes seem to be taking in everything he can about you all, and he makes no secret of it.

"Well if you all do want to investigate this further, I'll see if I can get a message to Harshnag. Perhaps there is something to giants attacking multiple different towns at the same time. If you ever need work in the meantime, I'm always looking for more delivery porters. I seem to be going through them faster than dough these days..."
 

Jago

Villager
~ Koldan was more than happy to part with the tooth: rotting calcium was not something he wanted in his pack for an extended period of time. Getting paid to hand it over was no different from a bounty, he supposed. With that, they ate, they talked, and more information came to light.

Harshnag of Force Grey ... it appeared that was their next stop. Koldan did not relish the idea of being a simple messenger, but he knew that he could not stand against the forces mustering at IronSlag by himself. Even his companions beside him, they would all be crushed or sold into slavery, and one Ranger's hatred of the creatures was not going to be enough.

Still, across the table were people who had encountered a similar scene, were they not? Hill Giants, perhaps, but a Jotun was still a Jotun, as the people of The Dale said. Might as well try and consolidate. It didn't help that Koldan had assumed that his initial stare may have unsettled one of the humans: the man barely ate while the rest of them feasted. He didn't mean to offend, and so tried to make amends.

In the space that Dorkath allowed them, he raised his mug a bit to the unknowns.

" Well, fellow saviors of towns," he offered a toast of respect, " Thank the gods we still have our heads after such encounters. My name is Koldan, a hunter from The North."

He paused to take a drink, allowing (what he assumed to be) the flurry of introductions to fly forth, before speaking with a now sated throat.

" It seems to me that we both have two parts of the same story. Many arrows bring the stag down faster: would you three be interested in pursuing this matter further with ourselves?" ~

[sblock=Koldan's Stats]Character Sheet
Revised Ranger Deep Stalker 6

HP: 52/52
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +4 (Advantage)
Perception: +6 (Passive: 16)
Darkvision: 90 feet
In Hand: Nothing

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 16
Str:+2
Dex:+6
Con:+2
Int:+0
Wis:+3
Cha:-1[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Heavy Crossbow: +8, 1d10+3P (Sharpshooter: +3, 1d10+13 P)
Scimitar: +6, 1d6+3 S (Offhand: +6, 1d6 S)
+4 Damage to All Humanoids & Giants[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]Acrobatics: +6
Insight: +6
Investigation: +3
Perception: +6
Stealth: +6
Survival: +6[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Spell Save DC: 14 Spell Attack: +6
Level 1: 4/Long Rest
Disguise Self
Ensnaring Strike
Hail of Thorns
Hunter's Mark


Level 2: 2/Long Rest
Rope Trick
Silence
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Coin: 50 GP
Starting Coin: 40 GP
+10 GP - Sold Giant's Tooth to Dorkath The Orkath

Game Info:
Fire Giants attacked Triboar looking for a "Vonindod", which they called a weapon that was in many parts. Fire Giant Duke Zalto of Ironslag wants this to "win".

Darathra was a Harper: she gave me a Platinum Badge of Triboar to present to Dorkath The Orkath to let him know of the attack.

There is a Kobold in the area of Yartar named "Lightwalker", a craftsman with 'some incredible weapons'.

There is a 5,000 GP Bounty on "The Weevil", a Dwarven Brigand last seen at Xantharl's Keep as a stable cleaner. The reward is for delivering him alive to authorities in Mirabar.

Ghelryn Foehammer has given us a letter of recommendation to King Morinn and Queen Tithmel of Citadel Fellbar. Ghelryn will also give us a 10% discount on customized weapons and armor in Triboar.

Harshnag of FORCE GREY should be told about the Giants. Apparently his company was 'mostly murdered'.[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Davaros raises his glass to the hunter and says: "Hail to you and your group, Koldan! I will gladly join forces with you. I must finish some business that won't take more than a few hours, and will be ready to find this Harshnag with you all"
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"Me 'n' Whistler will come too," declares the small woman on the barstool, jerking her thumb towards the ceiling. "Don't worry," she adds, "I'll keep you all safe, or my name isn't Bellalalalalalinda."
 

Yavathol

Explorer
"Well met, er, Bella?"

The hooded man next to Koldan inclines his head, obviously hoping she isn't offended by the shortening of her name. A warm smile of pearly teeth is just visible beneath the hood, from the right angle.
I am Gul, a sage of the arcane arts. The exploits of Force Grey have certainly reached my ears, and I am saddened to hear of their demise.

OOC: Are there any libraries or sages in Waterdeep that would be worth consulting about Ironslag, the Vonindod, etc?
 

Creamsteak

Villager
OOC: There are certainly such places, or resources that might know more. There are not, however, public libraries. The various colleges, scholars, and other resources that can be found would require either persuasion of some form unless your background feature specifically allows for it.
 

GreenKarl

Villager
"Hail and well met. I am Uric Worgeson. I hit things very hard with my sword" he then goes back to eating this pizza growling a bit about making it himself. If he made it himself he would not have to pay someone else to make it then would he??
 

Yavathol

Explorer
Gul puts his drink down, "I suggest we do some research on the location of Ironslag and the Vonindod, there are far more sources of knowledge here than in Triboar. Whether I will be allowed access is another question, of course. Does anyone want to come with me?"

OOC:
I'd also like to buy two more healing potions while we are here. Gul is also periodically using Fiendish Vigor to gain some temporary hit points (I'll use the minimum rather than repeatedly rolling a d4).

He doesn't have any special access from his background ability, but as a native of Waterdeep presumably he has some ideas on places/people to try and gain access to.

Oh yes, I'd like to use the Rod of the Vonindod to see if there are any other Vonindod bits in the city (apart from the piece we brought). We did bring that with us, yes?


[sblock=status]Gul hp 30/30 Temp.hp 5
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 18
Inspiration no
Concentrating:

Spells/day: 4/4 2/2
Pact Magic(1st): 2/2
HD: 3d6+2d8/3d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?488824-RG-Creamsteak-s-Storm-King-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]
 

Creamsteak

Villager
OOC: Potions are absolutely available, as are most things in this document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XAiXpOfz9cMWt1RTBicmpmUDg/view

There are a lot of well known resources to potentially hit in Waterdeep, and then some less known underground groups. Bard colleges, magic schools, thieves guilds, secret societies, etc.

You could possibly bring it if you perhaps purchased a wagon and animals to help move it. If so I'd like to know more about how you conceal it, etc, to evaluate things. It's definitely too much weight and size for the party to have just like... rolled it here. Man, a giant adamantine ring rolling down a hill towards a castle wall seems like it would hurt.
 

Shayuri

Villager
Ilshana popped up onto her feet and slapped a palm on the counter.

"I'm Ilshana, and I'll go with you! There's lots of bards in Waterdeep, and I can see what they know!"
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC: Davaros will want to stop by Cauldar Marskyl of House Thann to give him the pendant Zi Lhiang entrusted him with. We can fast forward this part if it isn't relevant and will delay the game
 

Creamsteak

Villager
[sblock=Davaros]The servants of House Thann find it strange when you approach their manor, but they ask few questions when you ask for the Head Butler by name rather than anyone in the family. Cauldar is elderly and forgetful, he recalls with perfect clarity that the Thann family and Zi's family are allies.

"Zi's parents entrusted me with some things for her, though she has turned them down. I believe that this token is her way of saying that you may have more use for these than she will in her ascetic lifestyle."

He sends other servants to the attic to gather this inheritance. They return with a small wooden trunk.

"I will take Zi's pendant and make sure it is returned to her if you wish."

Inside the trunk you find two scrolls...

OOC: You'll need to take a short rest to identify.


[sblock=scroll1]Scroll of Secret Chest[/sblock]

[sblock=scroll2]Scroll of Protection: Aberrations[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Creamsteak

Villager
Ilshana popped up onto her feet and slapped a palm on the counter.

"I'm Ilshana, and I'll go with you! There's lots of bards in Waterdeep, and I can see what they know!"
The Bardic College of New Olamn is very well known and highly regarded. It can be reached either by going up a rocky slope on a wide path (the only path available to carts and mounts) or by going around and through a tunnel path that is well lit and well traveled that leads directly from the villa upon the cliffs into the city proper.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
[sblock=Davaros]The servants of House Thann find it strange when you approach their manor, but they ask few questions when you ask for the Head Butler by name rather than anyone in the family. Cauldar is elderly and forgetful, he recalls with perfect clarity that the Thann family and Zi's family are allies.

"Zi's parents entrusted me with some things for her, though she has turned them down. I believe that this token is her way of saying that you may have more use for these than she will in her ascetic lifestyle."

He sends other servants to the attic to gather this inheritance. They return with a small wooden trunk.

"I will take Zi's pendant and make sure it is returned to her if you wish."

Inside the trunk you find two scrolls...

OOC: You'll need to take a short rest to identify.


[sblock=scroll1]Scroll of Secret Chest[/sblock]

[sblock=scroll2]Scroll of Protection: Aberrations[/sblock][/sblock]
OOC: I am assuming that as a paladin Davaros cannot use the scrolls, right? I'm not sure of the rules in this matter


Davaros nods to Cauldar and says "You bring honor to your house by your faithful service. I thank you for this, and indeed, I will leave the medallion in your hands for safekeeping". With that, he bows politely, and heads back to the pizzeria to rejoin the others.
 

Advertisement

Top