D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
When Gul appears, Bellalalalalinda is watching Muk, but their conversation has wound down. She hears the news, and gasps, "What? Harshnagg is here? What are the..." Her voice trails off. she is confused and also embarrassed that she has to go back into the giant tavern, where she felt so small. Her stand had meant so little.

But the chance to talk to Harshnagg, and maybe learn about the tortured kobold, and the Red ranger. "How does it all fit together, Whist?" she asks the gorilla, who follows her, following Gul, bak to the bar.

"Thanks again Muk," she calls over her shoulder. "I'll be back."

Yavathol

Explorer
As he re-entered the common room, Gul cast a curious glance at the fire giant. "Greetings. Maybe I was out of the room, but I didn't catch your name?"

He then glanced over at Harshnag, "We are indeed, as you put it, interested in giant business. Apologies for being intrusive, but even terms such as the ordning are unfamiliar to us. And what is this place you were going to, to the north?"

OOC:
Hope that everyone had a good festive season!

Creamsteak

Explorer
The fire giant introduces himself as "Zerk. Merchant and trader of fine giantsteel."

Harshnag glances back and forth between the fire giant and the party. "The ordning is a rule passed by the god who stands at the top of all giants, Annam the All Father. It decreed that Storm giants would stand over all others, and hill giants would stand below all others, and so-forth. It has been the way of things for all of time as far as anyone alive can remember. Among the nobles it is a force of nature or an instinct, that even the highest duke or jarl was below the Storm Giant King. What's important is that he knows that the ordning has been broken, that the storm giants no longer have the power to keep the smaller giants in check, and that King Hekaton has gone missing."

"It might be time to consult with a higher authority. I know the location of a mountain temple built by our ancient ancestors under the Spine of the World. The Eye of the All-Father. According to giant legend, the temple contains a divine oracle."

Yavathol

Explorer
"Thank you, that's very informative," Gul replied.

"Zerk, would you know anything about a 'power grab', as Harshnag put it, by a Fire Giant called Zalto, involving a flask, adamantium fragments, and some drow?" he continued.

OOC:
Is anyone else here? Do we want to ask to go with Harshnag to the Eye, or was there other things we want to do?

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Aye, I've met the duke. Zalto first led his warriors to reclaim Ironslag in the North Faerûn, the greatest forge of ancient Ostoria. He asked me to consult with him on his smiths regarding reforging adamantite into fine shapes, but I had to inform him that much greater flames would be required to do what he wished. He may have made bargains with the drow to acquire more of the precious metal. He's paying quite handsomely for such things."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalalinda enters the room, and looks up at her interlocutor, as Whistler follows her in and raises her higher still.

"What I want to know," she says abruptly, "is what you know about Roco Cocho Ko, and a tortured and splayed kobold." She glares at him accusationally. "For it was he that laid the clues that brought us here, to him." She points to Harshnagg.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Harshnag's laughing revelry turns to concern. "The bard..."

He then pulls up a small silver-painted mask that smiles on one side and turns into a frown on the other. "I believe the man you're referring to has been targeted to be tormented by someone who was removed from his bardic college. Someone named Khada seems to have taken to tormenting all of the bards of Waterdeep, inviting them into performances and then turning the show into attacks of terror. The bards of waterdeep seem to often end up taking the blame for the attacks and are jailed or executed. This Khada Jhin character seems to be being aided by Countess Sansuri and her cloud giants."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Belalalalalinda's face becomes stoney, serious. Her lips purse together and she nods solemnly, as she locks the names of these perpetrators in her memory. Harshnagg has no reason to lie, she tells herself. She offers her hand to him, a formal military handshake, acknowledging and appreciating the new information.

If he takes it, her tiny palm in his huge one, her curt handshake will be carried out with a formality none of her travelling companions will have seen before.

Whistler lowers her down, and she chucks him under his chin in thanks. "Khada Jhin. Sansuri," she repeats. "Thank you."

Remove ads