D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Yavathol

Explorer
"So Harshnag, would you mind if we accompanied you? We may have to pick up supplies as we leave town, depending on the route you suggest taking?

And Zerk, it was good to make your acquaintance! I wish you safe travels and profitable business trades!"

Gul is feeling quite tired now, and wishing to get a decent night's sleep before hitting the road again.

OOC:
Were there more magic items we wanted to buy in town, or did we purchase all that we discussed?

And does anyone have anything they would really rather do than accompany Harshnag? It seems to me that sticking with him will help us find stuff out, and he is also a powerful combatant if we're going up against more giants! :-O

Creamsteak

Explorer
"It has been a while since I've had company on the road, but if you wish to see the bitter cold of the far north than traveling companions would be welcome. I have some time."

"Certainly. Let me know if you find any more adamantite. Or if you want to part with that sword."

Yavathol

Explorer
"Regrettably, good Zerk, I don't think we could sell you adamantine in good conscience without knowing what the Duke intends to do with it once he has this special forge working. Presumably he thinks it will give him some advantage in his political rivalry with the other Giant rulers?"

OOC:
Looking back, I see we intended to buy some things for Davaros but haven't yet sold the adamantine ball bearing, since we're still looking for a trusted buyer who will give us more than 20%.. Does anyone really want to sell it to Zerk?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Zalto wishes to make Ironslag the greatest forge since ancient times. He certainly wishes to re-create the Vonindod, but he never will. It's just not possible. If someone were able to create such a monstrosity, well..." he laughs, "It would be like the great apocalypse of old."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalinda does not fully understand the politics that are being discussed. She has trained herself, for years, to oppose giants. Not that she hates them -- they are as varied as any other beings in their attitudes and beliefs -- but to take sides in a conflict among the giants, to help some while hindering others, well, that seems to be mis-spent energy.

"I don't get it," the small gnome sulks. "Why are we...?" She leaves the question unfinished. "Jhada Khin. Sansuri. That's where our focus should be. That's beyond politics. That was just messed up."

She won't ave much to contribute to this discussion, and though she wants to leave this room of oversized people nd furniture, she won't excuse herself until they are ready to bed down for the night, at which point she will return to the stable.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros had remained silent for most of the conversation whith these giants. He didn't appreciate the giant folk, but these were better than he expected.

"Certainly. Let me know if you find any more adamantite. Or if you want to part with that sword."

At these words, Davaros caressed the hilt of the sword and said: "Thank you for the offer, but I shall pass". He was laconic not to become angered, even though that likely wasn't the giant's intention. Besides, he was eager to try this new sword in battle, even if it would sear his hands.

OOC: The sword will deal 2d6 fire damage to Davaros when he activates it. We talked about buying him blacksmithing gloves (prevent the first five points of fire damage), and perhaps a magic item of fire resistance, which would take care of any damage. Of course, we would need cash for this, and I don't think we should sell the adamantine bearing. So only gloves for the moment would be ok

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
We have the local currency to buy the gloves and any rations we need, maybe some potions of resistance would be useful too. I expect if there is any left, there must be a moneychanger who will convert the remainder to regular gold at an extortionate rate..!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Somebody just decide, please. We've stalled, I think, over an issue of shopping. If you want something (for yourself or for the group), let's buy it. Bell is making no purchases; she was so cheap she didn't even want to pay for this guesthouse, you will recall, so she is sleeping in the stable). Let's get going!

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Ok, let's do this!
We have 2500 in local currency, I believe. Gul is buying:
Potion of flying 500
Potion of gaseous form 300
Potion of invisibility 180
Potion of superior healing 450

Total spent: 1430
Remainder: 1070

Though will note them on his sheet, consider them party items if during the adventure anyone else could make good use of them! :)

Also I think we should get warm clothing for the extreme cold conditions further north, not sure from PHB what the cost is..

"I'm ready when you are, Harshnag!"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: I second this. Lets just go for the 25gp gloves, and if/once we get an item of fire resistance, Davaros will have dibs on it. In the meantime, he will appreciate the appropriate spell being cast on him for this protection.

Remove ads