D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
Overlooking the hall to the north and south are unguarded 20-foot-high ledges that have no railings or battlements. Giants once stood atop these ledges, ready to hurl rocks at interlopers that passed below. Five niches are carved into the back wall of each ledge. Each one holds an iron sconce.

Ahead you see the barbarians. They've turned to face your party. Their chieftain wears a silver amulet and has a chained white dragon wyrmling at his side. He addresses Harshnag.

"Your temple treasures are mine, giant. Prepare to die."

Harshnag starts laughing. "These are not my halls, and you won't find any great treasures here. Can't get the door open on your own, can you?"

Actions?

OOC: Note the map squares here are 20 feet.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 179

Yavathol

Explorer
Gul laughs in a slightly maniacal manner, and says, "Let's see how aggressive they are after this!"

OOC:
Casting fireball! DC 15 dex save
[roll0]

Should be able to catch all six creatures towards the front, I think, leaving the three by the doors!
Note: Gul will cast Shield with a warlock slot as a reaction if he is hit by an attack (+5 to AC).

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: Um. Sure on the oath switch and the elemental resistance type change to fire from cold.

Thanks for this. FYI, Davaros has no damage resistance. I was refering to the oath of the ancients aura at level 7 that gives resistance to spells, in a 10 ft radius. Since Zagrevanje (the fire giant's sword) has a heat metal effect, I wanted to confirm that the damage resistance applied. I will assume it does unless you tell me otherwise.

Also, I can't remember if you gave us a bonus christmas feat for this game too. I will assume you did, and Davaros takes mounted combattant

Sitting proudly on his steed, Davaros sighs at the bloodshed that is sure to come. The barbarians had imposed this fight on them, and they didn't seem ready to change their minds. Drawing his sword, he readied himself for the pain to coms as he spoke its magic command. However, he was surprised that it was marginal compared to what he expected. The blacksmith's gloves seemed to help, but he felt the magic behind the protection, and whispered a thankful prayer.

As his drawn sword was set ablase, he mentally commanded his hose to move and attacked one of the barbarians in the front. Since there were many, and this could be a challenging fight, he ordered his steed to withdraw, and readied himself for the next charge.

[sblock=ooc]
Horse
I am using the stats of the base warhorse

Move: 60 ft forward
Action: dash: move additioal 10 ft to let Davaros attack, and then move back 50 ft

Davaros Silverfist

Bonus action: activate Zagrevanje

Damage taken [roll0] divided by two from aura of warding minus 5 from blacksmith's gloves

Davaros action: Attack Barbarian, will use great weapon fighting -5 attack/+10 damage

Davaros has advantage because of the mounted combattant feat

Davaros attack 1 [roll1]
Davaros attack 1 advantage [roll2]
damage [roll3]+15
fire damage [roll4]

Davaros attack 2 [roll5]
Davaros attack 2 advantage [roll6]
damage [roll7]+15
fire damage [roll8]

Move: none (on horse)

Reaction: use reaction for +1 AC

HP: 60/60 minus fire damage from activating sword

AC:17 +1 use of reaction = 18

Spells:
level 1: 4/4
level 2: 3/3

Lay on hands: 35/35 remaining

Divine health: immune to diseases
Aura of protection: +3 (cha) bonus to saves, 10ft radius fo friendly creatures, must be conscious.
Aura of warding: You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to damage from spells
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC:
Damage taken [roll0] divided by two from aura of warding minus 5 from blacksmith's gloves

Davaros attack 1 [roll1]
Davaros attack 1 advantage [roll2]
damage [roll3]+15
fire damage [roll4]

Remove ads