D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The small gnome's bolt falls short. Curiously, it has a lucky bounce, like a rock skipping on a slow-moving stream on a summer day.

OOC: Lucky (now 2 of 3 luck points left) to re-roll the attack die: [roll0].

Creamsteak

Explorer
Bell and Whistler deal more of a beat down to the barbarians, but don't quite finish any off.

At this point the opposition dives recklessly into melee with most of the party. They land two hits on Harshnag and a crit against Davaros for 26 followed by a hit for 17.

Harshnag follows through and cleaves down the chieftain. The barbarians seem horrified.

Parties turn.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 291

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: In 860 I tried to have Bell "hold her ground" (not move), so if it's okay, I'll go with that, with her still back and not in melee distance. Otherwise, her action will be to disengage and retreat.

Whistler advances to engage with the barbarian in front of him, his massive fists pummeling the enemy.

OOC: If top left is a1 and Whistler is at F1, he moves to H1, and attacks:
Action: attack vs. H2 [roll0]. If successful, damage = [roll1].
Reaction: attack vs. H2 (if still standing, if not then H4): [roll2]. If successful, damage = [roll3].

Bellalalinda moves back , firing at the approaching barbarian.

OOC: Attack vs. E5 (assuming she's already standing back; I think this is the same one she just hit with the rebound), not using sharpshooter. [roll4]. If a hit, damage = [roll5].

Yavathol

Explorer

Observing the quirky halfling backing away from the barbarian, Gul tried to support his ally with two mystically conjured blasts of power, sending them hurtling towards the raging Uthgardt. Privately, he noted the efficiency with which Harshnag was cutting down their enemies, and was much relieved that they had enlisted such a powerful ally.

OOC:
Note: Gul will cast Shield with a warlock slot as a reaction if he is hit by an attack (+5 to AC)
Action: cast eldritch blast at nearest enemy
Move: staying where he is

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[sblock=status]Gul hp 35/35 Temp.hp 7
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +4, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +7, Religion +7, Investigation +7, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 13 + 3 Mirror Images AC12 (18 in armour)
Inspiration no
Concentrating: no

Spells/day: 4/4 2/3 1/2
Pact Magic(1st): 2/2
HD: 4d6+2d8/4d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
The parties attacks fell two of the barbarians.

Davaros also makes attacks against the barbarians remaining. Another one falls.

One lands a hit on Davaros for 5, another lands a hit on Harshnag for 11, and finally one lands a hit on Whistler for 7.

Harshnag makes two more attacks and fells two wounded barbarians with a 45 and a 39.

Wormblod, the chieftain, wears an amulet of proof against detection and location. Tied to his belt is a sack containing seven 100 gp gemstones.

A 40-foot-long flight of steps leading east ascends 20 feet to a landing, next to which stands a pair of 30-foot-tall granite doors carved with images of giant gods locked in battle with dragons. The doors are impervious to all types of damage and coated with ice on the inside.

Harshnag moves forward and forces the doors open breaking a layer of ice on the other side.

Ahead...

Thick frost clings to every surface of this 100-foot-high vaulted chamber. Seven enormous statues dominate the room. The largest of them is an 80-foot-tall robed giant, his arms outstretched and his face hidden beneath a stony cowl, facing a glowing archway in the east wall. Kneeling in rows to each side of this statue are six statues half its size, each impressive in its own right and depicting a paragon of a type of giant: hill, stone, frost, fire, cloud, and storm. These smaller statues face the bigger one in the room’s center. In their outstretched arms, five of the giants hold weapons—gifts for their All-Father. Only the frost giant statue is unarmed.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    783.9 KB · Views: 200

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros proceeds to heal himself of all damage taken (22 if my accounting is correct), and asks Harshnag if he also wants healing. If the giant agrees, Davaros will heal 10 hp of damage (3 hp left).
He then grabs the loot, and says "I'll carry this, let me know if any of you want the necklace now".

His flaming sword still drawn, he advances on his horse to explore a bit the area.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Harshnag accepts the offer of some healing.

OOC: I've added a light source to the room to make this visible, but I imagine it's a lot creepier in character since it's so dark.

Along the eastern wall is an archway with six runes.

The archway is 40 feet wide and 40 feet tall. Six different runes are carved into it, each one inlaid with mithral, and a glowing mist fills the arch. Niches in the walls on either side of it contain empty, ice-covered sconces made of iron.

Harshnag identifies that one of the runes is Ise, the giant word for frost.

Attachments

• max.jpg
    max.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 389
  • map.png
    map.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 413

Yavathol

Explorer

Once they had ascertained that there was no immediate danger in the massive room, Gul started a ritual to establish what magic affected any of the statues and runes. The glowing mist was obviously magical. Apart from the light emanating from the archway, his darkvision enabled him to see clearly for six score feet, so he had no concerns about grues and snarks lurking in the shadows.

"I wonder if it's significant that the Frost Giant is the only unarmed one," he mused.
"Give me a few minutes to examine things, but my initial thoughts are that maybe Harshnag, if he is willing, could put his axe in the hands of the Frost Giant statue?"

OOC:
Casting Detect Magic as a ritual while the others cast their healing spells.

[sblock=status]Gul hp 35/35 Temp.hp 7
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +4, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +7, Religion +7, Investigation +7, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 13 + 3 Mirror Images AC12 (18 in armour)
Inspiration no
Concentrating: no

Spells/day: 4/4 2/3 1/2
Pact Magic(1st): 2/2
HD: 4d6+2d8/4d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
The detect magic spell reveals an aura of conjuration magic around the archway.

Harshnag goes ahead and tries putting his (relative to the statue) smaller axe into the arms of the statue of the frost giant, but nothing seems to happen.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalinda is hoisted up by Whistler, and runs her fingers along the Mithral inlay. "There are six runes, and six statues around the big one. So seven statues. But the Frost run might mean the Frost giant."

The small gnome speaks many languages, all of which begin with G. But Giant is one of them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases