• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part II

Dichotomy

Explorer
The hallway ends at a flight of stairs descending into the water. Unforunately, though the water is fairly clear, there is no light, and you cannot see very far. It is obvious, however, that the stairs continue more than far enough to make it such that whatever chamber lies beyond must be completely submerged.

Boldak's examination of the area reveals nothing of note.
[sblock=michael_noah]With his darkvision, Boldak is able to see roughly 50 feet through the relatively clear water. The stairs descend for more than 30 feet and down more than 20. (The map is deceptive as to the distance of the stairs.) The stairway apparently opens into a hallway or room, but it is hard to tell. It looks like a wall is just a few feet away from the bottom of the stairs.
[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
"Well, there appears to be more to the place down there, but it's all under water. I don't see anything of note. It's far enough though we'd have to get out of our armor to survive long enough to see much more, and even then we'd be holding our breath quite a spell," says the dwarf. "All in all, I think we'll have more luck on land..."

TiCaudata

First Post
Breth looks around at Alexis as Boldak is examining the water. "Don't look at me! I have stayed as far from water as I can since my brother fell down a well and drown. My sister on the other hand, she swims like a fish. She never knew poor Timmy though..."

Last edited:

worthley

First Post
"Well, maybe we will be able to find a way to drain the water. This water seems too clear to be rain drainage from this area. I think it's used to keep people away from whatever is down those steps."

o3caudata

First Post
Alexis looks to Breth and frowns sympathetically. "If the water wasn't drainage or some kind of spring, shouldn't it get all gross and full of nasty things that make it hard to see through? That's sort of what happens to stagnant water isn't it?"

Eyeing the water uneasily Alexis says "In anycase, i'm not going in there. So i guess it's back up the hole."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Alendar shakes his head. "I'm not the best swimmer myself. As for stagnation, we've no idea how long the water's been here or even how it got here." The elf bends and smells the water, then cups some into his hands and sips it. "It's by no means fresh. A bit... ummm... brackish, I think is the word. Nothing horrible though." He shrugs his shoulders.

TiCaudata

First Post
Well it's not like the hole in the floor is going to seal itself up if we move the sarcophagus. Perhaps the sage or the alchemist will have an option for us here.

Breth then climbs back out of hole using the rope.

worthley

First Post
"Well, time to see what's ready to kill us in the next one."

Viktor climbs up the rope, and then begins to get his crossbow ready for whatever might come at him next.

o3caudata

First Post
Alexis climbs behind Viktor.

"Now now. That's no way to talk...." Alexis says sarcastically as she sets down her lantern, draws her morningstar, and looks intently at the next hallway. "There's no need to worry Viktor."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads