IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part VI

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak looks slightly confused at Edolliel's question for a moment, before addressing the group.

"I'm not familiar with these 'games' but i assume Raknian is a participant? Or overseer? We are inclined to battle more than political finesse and a good fight isn't going to do us any harm...probably."

"My purposal is: Speak first to the inspector, letting him know of our accomplishments. Let him provide any immediate feedback, but don't share any further course of actions with him. Elligos, you should contact your 'friend' to see if he still needs a group to sponsor."

"After the games, assuming we survive we can consider attempting to divine the location of the scrolls through our knowledge of Raknian. We may also wish to attempt a more direct form of observation should those steps fail, but we can get to that if and when we must."

Kushnak clears his throat and waits a moment before directly addressing Elligos.

"Also, we need any background you have on these games and Raknian you have."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Eligos dismissively waives away Erdolilel's question. "Just a turn of phrase. Pay it no mind."

"As for Raknian, as far as I can recall, over a decade ago... 12 years, probably... Raknian was the premier gladiator of the arena. With the wealth and prestige he earned fighting, he retired from the arena itself and began managing other promising gladiators. He invested his wealth into the arena and the games. Raknian became director of the Free City Arena, and he initiated the Champion's Games. In fact, I'm fairly sure that I read that this is the tenth anniversary of the Games. Other than that, I know little about the Games themselves."

Eligos nods as Kushnak explains his plan. "Good luck with the investigator. I will contact my friend, Celeste, and have her find you to talk about this sponsorship business. She and I are good friends, so you have no need to worry about her."

TiCaudata

First Post
"I like this plan." Erdolliel agrees while finishing up her meal. After they work out any additional details, she gets up to leave.

Once back on the streets of the Free City, she leads them back to the temple of St. Cuthbert and asks an acolyte if they could meet with Inspector Gust.

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]I forgot to explicitly mention the tadpols. I assumed that Erdolliel would show them to Eligos during the rundown, but want to flag them as something that might have been important to get more information on.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Eligos would have advised that they appear to be immature mind flayer tadpoles. Once mature, they would be planted in a host to begin "ceremorphosis" (the tadpole gestates in a living being and becomes a full-grown mind flayer).[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
"Good. One of these threads is likely to lead us somewhere interesting. We'll be in touch shortly."

Kushnak accompanies his companions to the temple and while the walk notes,

"We may soon just as well take up some rooms at this temple, no?"

"In all seriousness though, once we are through with the investigator, we should seek some more information about these games. We need some background if we're going to participate and not look foolish. I'm sure there are enthusiastic fans at some nearby pub."

Dichotomy

Explorer
The trio arrives at the Temple of St. Cuthbert. After asking after Investigator Gust, an initiate leaves to find him. The trio sees the initiate first head in the direction of Gust's office, where you last met him, but then he turns a different direction down a hallway. After a couple of moments, Investigator Gust appears from that same hallway. He looks just as he did when you saw him last, excepting that he now has large, dark circles under his eyes.

As he approaches the trio, Gust's face is deadpan, and he refuses to engage in any conversation other than to say, "Follow me. I must show you what I've been working on."

Gust directs the trio down the same hallway whence he came. At the end of the hall are three doors. Gust opens the one of the left, which leads to a small room, completely empty, save another door in the opposite wall leading out. As you step in, Gust says, "Before I speak anymore, I need you to identify yourselves." Crossing the threshold, each of the trio realizes that the room is guarded with a zone of truth spell.
[sblock=OOC]Of course, you can decide to not enter, or you can attempt to resist the spell. Let me know if you try.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel tentatively crosses the threshold and speaks. "My name is Erdolliel, I am an elf, I spent some time as a captive of doppelgangers, but my captors were neutralized."

After the others enter the room, she turns to the Inspector. "It looks as though you have been learning things that keep you awake at night. We have learned much since we last met as well. Let us share knowledge."

o3caudata

First Post
"I am Kushnak, of the Blade." Kushnak says formally, before turning to Nethezar expectantly.

[sblock=oc]

Kushank of the blade. Really watercott? Really?

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases