D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Spartain104

First Post
"Very possible, survivors may be inside. However I would take an army of Kobold and cultists and an encounter with a dragon as the end to a long day. It has worn us down. Besides, Tea would be in order and I find it hard to produce during combat."

Venn stands near the others, his gaze never leaving the clouds. The bluish fire that inhabits his pupils still lingers like a smoldering fire. Whether or not he realizes the strangeness of his words seems to matter little. Those cold blue eyes stared ad infinitum into the abyss like a hawk for prey.

Forged Fury

First Post
Morgan cursed, "I think it's too big of a risk right now. We know for sure that there are people within the walls of the Keep who need our protection. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the enemy makes another move against the Keep and we need to be ready for it."

Turning to Nighthill, she asked, "Is there anywhere in particular we should rest?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Nighthill looks dismayed as Carad relays Scree's news.

"Fire? If it burns we'll lose all our stockpiled flour. It will be a harsh winter with no food for my people. Why would they set fire to it? It doesn't make sense. You must excuse me, I have to see if I can assemble enough defenders from the guards and refugees to see if we can make it out and stop them. You have served us all so well this night, you can rest anywhere you can find room, but I'm afraid everyone must share tonight."

With that, he turns to leave, calling for Escobert

Forged Fury

First Post
Sighing heavily, Morgan called out, "Hold a second, Governor. If the loss of the mill would cause such hardship, I think we'd all be willing to head back out again, depleted as we are."

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor turns back, hope warring on his face with his own inability to defend his people.

"If, if you could distract them. Stop them from setting fire while I rally our forces, we could have reinforcements take over from there. We could just use a few more minutes."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Upon hearing the Governor's words, Jeni now knew that she would have to wait for the rest she yearned for. This changes everything She said to herself.

Morgan's words echoed her own. She readied her bow and arrow and said "I am ready to go!"

Skarsgard

Explorer
Hunter dragged himself to his feet. "Aye commander!"

"May I recommend that you let Carad and I scout ahead? When we get closer, Scree can have a better look for him."
The dark skinned warrior turns to the governor, "Any idea how many of your townsfolk are unaccounted for? It is a long way for us to protect a number of non-combatants."

"The last time we did this we were nearly finished." he looks at his wounded and weary companions. "I think the priority is to work out if there are any townsfolk in the mill or if it is just random destruction. Our job will be a lot easier if it is just the later."

kuey1975

First Post
"Agree," Carad chipped in. "I suggest we approach the mill via the tunnel and the riverbed, like earlier tonight. From there, I can send Scree into the mill to verify if there are any townsfolk trapped inside. If there are none, we would just need to harass the raiders long enough for the Governor to send reinforcements."

At a thought, he continued, "But yes, it seems strange that they are burning the mill just to destroy the stockpile of flour. So far, they have only seemed interested in harassing the townsfolk and gathering loot."

Spartain104

First Post
"Aye, I'm in as well." Venn stooped and pulled his frail form from his seat. He gathered his robe about himself and stood defiantly alongside his more brazen and brawny allies.

"If we need to head back in lets be quick about it. My frail bones can only take so much. Some tea and rest would do me wonders..."

Remove ads