(IC) Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Corse smiles at Jack. "If you can help us avoid a fight, that would be great. I'm not looking forward to this. The idea of trading the snow cat corpses wasn't a bad one..." Her voice trails off as she realizes neither of them is going to want to carry them down here. "We will see. Onward?"

domminniti

Explorer
Corse smiles at Jack. "If you can help us avoid a fight, that would be great. I'm not looking forward to this. The idea of trading the snow cat corpses wasn't a bad one..." Her voice trails off as she realizes neither of them is going to want to carry them down here. "We will see. Onward?"
I say we make the most of our underdark friend. From what he was saying about his home, he faced peril worse than this every time he skipped down to the market for bread and milk. Let's see what he can find out. If he needs us he can call Alma and we'll dive in to help

Quickleaf

Legend
Yeti Cave and Rescuing Perilou

GM POST

Lumrolur's crampons find purchase in the 10-foot tall ice ledge, as he climbs up enough to peek into the adjoining cavern – which is 10-feet higher than the smaller cave the rest of the party has now joined Lumrolur in.

He can see a fuzzy white yeti about the size of himself or Logrim (i.e. gnome-size) bounding back and forth in a playful manner, sometimes exposing her teeth as she roughhouses with a terrified blonde halfling. Wearing torn cold-weather clothes, the halfling lady curls up into a fetal position, trying to dissuade further bouts of "playfulness" from the young yeti. Swatting at her, the little yet causes the halfling to roll like a ball, crying out from the impact.

The young yeti is 30 feet from the top of the ice ledge, while the halfling lady is 35 feet from the top of the ice ledge.

The ceiling slopes upward going toward the northeast.

There is a huge mounded pile of furs, wrecked sleds, backpacks, and other broken gear to the west. Lumrolur can just barely make out a pair of grey horns shifting slightly behind the mound of stuff – horns much bigger than those of the little yeti that he can see.

Everyone has gathered into the cave below the 10-foot ice ledge, and can see Lumrolur with his crampons dug in, peering over the edge.

Attachments

• Kelvin's Cairn_Cave copy.jpg
    Kelvin's Cairn_Cave copy.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I see the child rough-playing with the halfling woman. There is one adult I can see."
Lumrolur sends

Last edited:

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Zeth considers.

"If they're not eating her there's probably not an immediate danger. Surprising or threatening the yeti is a bad idea though."

He absentmindedly scratches an X in the snow with his foot.

"Is there a way to enter both able to defend ourselves and not presenting ourselves as a threat?"

Neurotic

"I would need to scout the other bridge. From here, we can talk and threaten relatively safely. But we couldn't protect the halfling."
Lumrolur turns toward the group, waiting for their signal to get off the ridge.

OOC: Assuming the conversation goes through Alma obviously

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Zeth decides to lay out their options.

"If we leave the halfling there it's bad, we can't sneak the halfling out, and violence doesn't seem like it needs to be our first resort. Is there any way to enter in a way that won't immediately provoke an attack? Even if we just provide a distraction for an escape we'll have succeeded in our objective."

He turns to the other spellcasters in the party.

"I don't have any spells that would aid diplomacy, I don't suppose any of you know any?"

Neurotic

Zeth decides to lay out their options.

"If we leave the halfling there it's bad, we can't sneak the halfling out, and violence doesn't seem like it needs to be our first resort. Is there any way to enter in a way that won't immediately provoke an attack? Even if we just provide a distraction for an escape we'll have succeeded in our objective."

He turns to the other spellcasters in the party.

"I don't have any spells that would aid diplomacy, I don't suppose any of you know any?"
"You forget there are two prisoners. We see only one. I can create a distraction."

Remove ads