Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Archon Basileus

First Post
MARIUS

[I’ll consider the initial point of your repositioning as the square you now occupy, since battle has just begun. Therefore, you may count flurry if you choose. Note that the second roll would have missed as well, unfortunately…]

As the attacks flash out against the back of one of the casters, the other one widens his eyes in surprise. The first one (S3) seems undisturbed, focusing on the spell they attempt to conjure, despite the attack. The other one hurries himself, as if to guarantee the results of the profane incantation being conducted.

REYNARD

Imbued with an unnatural rage – perhaps because of the rewards promised – all lancers advance furiously, roaring towards the entrance. The first one steps into Reynard’s line of sight taking the hit under the sudden gunpowder explosion. His body twists as the bullet rips through his flank, taking copious amounts of viscous blood from the creature. His moves slow down considerably as he begins dragging his steps.

[L2 is badly wounded, almost falling]

MORGRYM

The dwarf watches as the lancers approach. Two arrows fly from the mists, missing him by ample margin and breaking against the wall and the floor. The bruised lancer stops in front of him, readying an attack despite his deplorable state. Nonetheless, a second ichtian steps along, bashing the first one to the side and bringing him to his knees, ready to take his place. “WEAK! I’ll show YOU who’s best! I’ll show YOU HOW TO FIGHT!”. The second one raises his lance, preparing an attack against Morgrym.

[L1 brings L2 down and places himself within attack reach of Morgrym]

To the druid’s right, the other lancer hisses loudly, his massive body bent to the front as he holds the lance with his two scaled hands. “You are MINE, dwarf!” – he looks towards the druid boldly, ignoring his shot companion and the other warrior.

TROGDOR

The barbarian advances, jumping from stone to stone, hissing as rage begins to surface. His weapon is set and he only waits for the right opportunity to engage.

ICHTHIANS

LANCERS

The lancers advance, fighting amongst each other for the prize in front of them. They roar and salivate as they try to intimidate each other, underestimating the power of their enemies and taking victory as certain.
The lancers in the back become fearful of the fog created by Morgrym. They move swiftly, but dare not enter the mists. Taken by concern, one of them seems to retreat, as if to protect the shamans and their incantation – too late, apparently, since Marius reached the casters a moment ago. The other one advances cautiously towards the passage, trying to determine where are his enemies.

ARCHERS

Both archers are unseen behind the fog. All that can be devised is the sound of their bowstrings and arrows, their shots falling flat around Morgrym a second later.

SHAMANS

The ritual continues undisturbed by Marius’ attack. Soon, the shadows in between the casters take shape, and the monk beholds their dark purpose. As the shamans’ fearful voices rise in tone and gravity, the whirlpool of darkness turns into a small gate on the floor. From its’ recesses a creature begins to emerge, a putrid smell reaching the monk’s nostrils. First, a clawed paw reaches for the stone pavement… Then, a second one… Until a monstrous, deformed head, resembling that of a hound, rises. The upper body, grey and covered in lustrous, moving scales, is taken by some vibration, and begins rattling like a snake’s tail, but louder. The posterior part of the body rises, a pair of meager legs pushing the beast onwards. As it ascends, it opens its’ disgusting jaws, emitting a sum of horrid roars from a flabby throat. The mouth grows and lets out a set of five tentacles, coming from where a tongue should have been.

In the center, the leader is caught by surprise by the spell cast by the druid. He silences for a moment, but soon enough yells towards Morgrym, Reynard and Va’Arahkir. “A blindfold will not ssssave you! We ssshall feast on your flasssh!”

TURN RESULTS:

[sblock]
Players positioned and uninjured.

Lancers:

L1 – ready to attack
L2 – heavily injured; laying down
L3 – ready to attack
L4- moving; unaware
L5 - moving; unaware

Archers:

A1 – unknown; arrow shot
A2 - unknown; arrow shot

Shamans

S1 – surprised; lost turn
S2 – finishing spell
S3 – finishing spell

INVOKED

I1- invoked; unaware

Map updated: [/sblock]
[sblock]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZBfqlZpct8SZ7vh_U_nqispO67s2ZXLunqhdY4dnNwI/edit#gid=2051010950[/sblock]
[sblock]
[/sblock]
@Trogdor1992 @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Jago

[Obs.: I've taken a little longer this time around because I wanted to make sure I wouldn't leave Trogdor out. Since his last access is old, I'll apply the two-day rule for my own replies, as we agreed. I'll also keep the pace, since I imagine it might be a bit frustrating for you guys if I begin to take too long to answer! I'll try to keep the posts clean and objective. If I get somewhat confusing, please warn me and I'll rectify the posts.]

[Oh, I have done some pencil drafts for the beasts. It's a five-minute draft for each, but it might help a bit!]

[sblock]
2Q==
[/sblock]

[sblock]
9k=
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Maran/Helen’s Fortune/Cellars
Night
Round 2

“Le’s gae then, laddies,” Morgrym grinned wickedly, clutching his axe, readying his shield. He stepped up to the two lancers and swung at the right-most one.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: 5 foot step
Action: Attack L3: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
Damage cold iron slashing: 1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)(Barkskin: +2)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 30m, Fog Cloud 30m

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin,* Flaming Sphere, Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: It seems I cannot roll above 10 :( I hope at least this one hits before summoned beast kills me :)

Marius attempts another flurry, doing wide swinging punch and using the momentum to pivot on his leg and lash out with the other, but even in darkness he seems too unfocused to do permanent harm.
[sblock=Draconic murmuring to self"]
"My teacher would be appalled at this execution of dragons whirlwind! I can do better!"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Full attack: Flurry att 1; Flurry att 2; damage; damage: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D6+6 = [3]+6 = 9
1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Move: 2000 miles from this dungeon :(
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
[They aren't nearly as tough as they seem, lol. But I did not expect such bad luck in your rolls, that's for sure! I'll wait up for Jago and we'll move on!]

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
~ Reynard's eyes grew wide as he peered behind his enemies, watching the ... thing, called forth by the shamans.

" What in the Gods' Name is that!?" he cried out, still moving forward while using the techniques of the Gnomes to reload his firearm. As the paper cartridge was rammed into the barrel, Reynard stopped short of his new Dwarven Druid friend and took aim. He focused his perception, trying to aim for a critical spot and end this quickly.

" Stand aside, unwashed companion!"

The crack ignited in the darkness once again, the bullet screaming outwards.

" We have to get past these creatures and stop that ritual!

[sblock=Actions]Move: Up (Map Updated)

Free: Reload (Paper Cartridge + Rapid Reload)

Standard: Firearm Attack vs. L3 (Melee Penalties + Point Blank): 1d20+4 21
Damage (spending Grit for Up Close & Deadly): Firearm Damage + Point Blank + Deed: 1d8+1d6+1 4[/sblock]

[sblock=Reynard's Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 25/25
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +6
Perception: +9

AC: 18 Flat: 13 Touch: 18
Fort: 7 Reflex: 10 Will: 7

In Hand: Pistol, Cosim Camman Denoctusd

Pistol (Mwk): +7, 1d8/x4
Chakrams: +6, 1d8/x2
- Flurry of Throws: +4/+4
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d6

Paper Cartridges: 68/70
Entangling Shot: 5/5
Flare Cartridges: 5/5

Grit: 2/3
Deeds:
Gunslinger's Dodge
Quick Clear
Up Close And Deadly

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Game Info: We have a dagger and apparently lizards want it. But they can't have it.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
MARIUS

The monk’s fists fly into the caster’s body. He feels the wet surface of his enemy’s skin rasping against the back of his closed hands. The punches sink into the caster’s ribs and Marius feels as the fragile creature breaks under the strength of his strikes. The bestial priest howls loudly right before falling to the floor as a broken doll, dark blood sprouting from his gaping mouth.
The sudden attack silences the other caster almost immediately, his ample, round eyes sickened by the death of his companion. He gazes into the monk as the whirlpool of darkness begins to suck their creation back, the invoked beast roaring in desperation as it rescinds into its dark dimension.

MORGRYM

As the dwarf swings his axe his enemy attempts to retreat while parrying the attack, but without success. At first, it seems the axe only scratched the lancer’s skin. Nonetheless, as blood begins to run in great amounts down the warrior’s legs, it becomes clear he is truly hurt.

REYNARD

Before the lancer can jump away from Morgrym’s axe, Reynard’s shot hits him frontally, light obfuscating his gaze. The bullet runs through his flank, squirting blood beyond him, but that seems to be enough to bring him down. The ichtian warrior falls motionless, a puddle quickly forming against his clothes.

VA’ARAHKIR

The kobold moves swiftly and takes position right over Morgrym’s shoulder. With a slight of hand, he pulls a throwing axe from his tabard and sends it spinning in the direction of the lancer in front of him. The tall ichtian roars as he tries to dodge the weapon, underestimating the strength of the little barbarian. As he fails, the axe lodges itself onto his chest, his boasting cry turning into sobs as the pain sinks in.

[Success. Va’Arahkir rolls for 7 points of damage.]

???

As the other shaman attempts to gather his thoughts and continue the ritual, a sharp sound crosses the darkness behind him. An arrow lodges itself across his neck. He gasps for air and reaches for his throat, where the tip of the projectile sprouts, dotted in black blood. He tumbles to the floor, his body still twitching from the lack of air.
Bending from the huge male statue by the side of the bridge, Marius sees the shooter, a slim archer covered by a long cloak. The figure signals to the monk, pointing toward Reynard, Morgrym and Va’Arahkir, before reaching for another arrow.

LANCERS

Battered by the successive attacks, the exhausted lancers do not seem to shy away from battle, a possible effect of the blessings they received before the conflict.

The lancer on the left (L1) rises its weapon, plunging it into Morgrym. The tip slides through the wooden skin, chipping parts of it away, but leaving the dwarf unscratched. In front of him, the bruised adversary (L2) rises to its feet, cursing the other one for his attitude. “You can’t have him, as you could not have Faara before!!” – he shambles, trying to hold back the pain, and scans the area in front of him, guessing where to land his attack.

“Take cover, idiots!” – the third one (L4) yells, before mumbling something in his guttural tongue and running towards the wall.

“They have guns!” – he slips away from Reynards’ sight, his body bashing heavily against the stone wall.

In the back, the cautious lancer sees both casters falling. Desperate and confused, he leaps forward, trying to reach the archer and leaving the monk behind.

ARCHERS AND LAST CASTER

From the cloud in the center, only mumbling in the ichtian language can be heard. They seem to be focused on hiding from their enemies for as long as possible.

ROUND RESULTS:

Map updated - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZBfqlZpct8SZ7vh_U_nqispO67s2ZXLunqhdY4dnNwI/edit#gid=2051010950

[sblock]
Players positioned and uninjured.

Lancers:

L1 – ready to attack; heavily injured
L2 – ready to attack; heavily injured
L3 – out of combat
L4- under cover; ready to attack
L5 - moving; ready to attack.

Archers:

A1 – unknown; supposedly dialoguing
A2 - unknown; supposedly dialoguing

Shamans

S1 – unknown; supposedly dialoguing
S2 – dead
S3 – dead

INVOKED

I1- suppressed; gone

OTHER EVENTS

??? – Unknown figure kills S2[/sblock]

@Trogdor1992 @Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Jago

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION]

Nodding toward the archer, Marius runs back toward melee, going around obscuring mists and sighting upon the hidden lancer. A star seemingly made of molten metal flies from his hand and embeds solidly into hidden lancers back. The metal flashes with fire that threatens to spread on the whole body.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 8 squares toward melee Stealth while full move running: 1D20+8-10 = [10]+8-10 = 8
- maybe if he's deafened by gun reports

Standard: earthfire shuriken Shuriken attack; damage + fire damage: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
1D2+1D6 = [1]+[1] = 2
- FINALLY! But ofcourse damage has to be minimal
L4 needs to make Ref DC 15 or catch fire. If he fails, on his next turn he takes
Extra fire damage 1st; 2nd; 3rd:
1D6 = [6] = 6
1D6 = [5] = 5
1D6 = [6] = 6
- assuming he fails 1 roll for each round - if he saves, he doesn't take any more damage
[/sblock]

Remove ads