• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ice, Ice, Baby.

Krishnath

First Post
Well, now that I am back, I should probably post one of my new creatures as well, no?

Presenting the Ice Naga, feel free to give me comments and critizism, and as allways, flames will be ignored. :p

----------

Ice Naga
Large Aberration (Cold)
Hit Dice:
6d8+12 (39 hp)
Speed: 40’ (8 squares), Climb 20’, Swim 20’,
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13,
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+14
Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d8+9)
Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d8+9)
Space/Reach: 10’/10’
Special Attacks: Cold aura, Hypnotic gaze, Spells,
Special Qualities: Cold immunity, Fire vulnerability, Spell resistance 14,
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6,
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 16,
Skills: Bluff +8, Concentration +7, Climb +14, Diplomacy +8, Escape Artist +7, Listen +4, Sense Motive +6, Spot +4, Swim +14,
Feats: Ability Focus: Hypnotic Gaze, Alertness, Combat Casting,
Environment: Cold hills and mountains,
Organization: Solitary, or lair (1 Ice naga, plus 2 to 4 enslaved humanoids)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: 7-9 HD (Large), 10-18 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: +5

A large white serpent with the head of a beautiful woman stares at you from a hole in the ice.

Ice nagas are a race of usually evil nagas from the frozen reaches of the world.
An Ice naga resembles a large white python with the head of a beautiful pale skinned human. Their eyes are usually blue or green, and well-groomed blonde hair grows on their heads.
Ice nagas often use their hypnotic gaze coupled with their innate spellcasting to enslave a few humanoids, which they keep as pets and guards. Although usually evil, they are rarely sadistic against their chosen pets, on which they rely for grooming.
An ice nagas diet consists primarily of fish and other water dwelling animals, but they are not adverse to eat their slain opponents.
Ice nagas speak common, draconic, and giant.

Combat:
Ice nagas disdain melee, usually hanging back and using their hypnotic gaze and spells while their pets take care of the interlopers.
Cold Aura (Su): An angry or exited ice naga is usually surrounded by an aura of supernatural cold. All creatures within 10’ of the naga take 1d6 points of cold damage each round.
The ice naga can switch this ability on or off as a free action.
Hypnotic Gaze (Su): 30’, Will save DC 18 or become affected as by the hypnotic pattern spell.
Spells: An ice naga casts spells as a 3rd level sorcerer. For each two racial HD an ice naga advances by, it’s effective sorcerer level increases by one. Thus an 18 HD ice naga would cast spells as a 9th level sorcerer.
Typical Sorcerer Spells Known/Spells Per Day: (6/5; Caster level 3rd, Save DC 13 plus spell level); 0 – Acid Splash, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ray of Frost; 1st – Charm Person (DC 14), Mage Armor, Shield;

----------

So, tell me what you think. :D

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Damn, BOZ. I was going to make a koke about flames. Oh well.

It looks good, but I'd boost the CR to 5. A DC 18 Will save is nasty.

Demiurge out.

Krishnath

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Damn, BOZ. I was going to make a koke about flames. Oh well.

It looks good, but I'd boost the CR to 5. A DC 18 Will save is nasty.

Demiurge out.

I made the calculations on the critter, and even ran a encounter with it. It is a (tough) CR 4.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
If it's playtested, I'll believe it. That was just my rough eyeballing. After a bad experience with the MMIII and the Advanced Bestiary, I'm a bit paranoid about CRs.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads