ICONS: Stomping Grounds for Stark City KS

greycrusader

First Post
Dan Houser (primary artist of the ICONS game, interior art, co-writer), Mike Lafferty (editor/creative consultant), Jesse Justice (cover art), and myself (writer, character concepts) have just launched the Kickstarter for ICONS: Stomping Grounds today. The ICONS project is the first in a planned series, with part of the proceeds from each installment being used to fund the next project (as well as paying for production costs); each Stomping Grounds releases will feature a trio of villains who operate in one of the distinct neighborhoods of the STARK CITY setting for the ICONS game.

First up is the SILVER DISTRICT, the posh, high technology hub of Stark City-and what better sort of bad guys for the Silver District than Silver Age-flavored villains? The book features Magnus, a diminutive ape mastermind, occultist, and criminal sophisticate; his chief hench-woman Vainglory, a long-time petty criminal turned shape-shifting, super-strong, and statuesque villain, and The Jammer, a want-to-be major villain with an inflated ego and an overcharged set of power-armor.

Stomping Grounds also features plot hooks for all three villains, a three-page adventure, new qualities, guidelines on using the new foes as arch-nemeses for your PC heroes, and a write-up of Arcanum, a brand-new parallel world for the ICONS setting!

For those ICONS fans unfamiliar with my work, I am a veteran supers, fantasy, and urban adventure role playing game freelancer, whose recent credits include the DC Adventures Game (my work appearing in books two, three, and four) and Wild Cards: All-In, the adventure anthology for the game based off George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards series of novels.

So for all ICONS fans, as well as those curious about checking out this fast-moving, fun-loving superhero game, please check out our KS page, live for the next 30 days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/418021592/stark-city-stomping-grounds-the-silver-district

Remove ads