• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ICv2 Summer 2014 Ranks

It's not going to be Paizo who poaches WotC's marketshare. WotC are going after Paizo's. The marketshare up for grabs is that of the 4e fans. And there doesn't seem to be anyone moving in that direction right now.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Wha? They had people working on it for a couple of years, with a major playtesting effort - that takes people (and thus money) to organize. How much more money do you think 4e took to develop than 5e did?

I have zero budget insight. But I do know that in raw numbers 4E employees were much more than 5E. This is a small team.

In terms of the game itself, and what is again called core rules, it seems like more resources where--rightly--devoted to 5E then 4E.

But 4E had gleemax, and the VTT, and those first adventures, and minis (in house until cancelled), and people (gamer radio zero and Blue!) who did podcasts, and those cartoons, and a wave of initial splat...

Actually, it probably better not to think about it.

danbala

Explorer
. . . They do want/need the D&D RPG community to thrive to some extent, to at least be on par with Pathfinder. . . ..

I don't think it needs sell on par with Pathfinder. They have a very small staff to support. They can probably get by with less sales than Paizo.

Remove ads