IE 9 problems on ENWorld

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
OK the fixes I tried did not stick on long term usage, I have tried a lot of things since like resetting the settings and disabling the addons. Even running IE9 in older modes.

So Firefox workd but I no longer really like the UI, hmm may be I'll have to try some of the others.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
IE is a dinosaur amongst browsers, and is woefully behind. It doesn't support a lot of features other browsers do, including portions of HTML5 and CSS3. When creating websites, you have to consider workarounds for IE, particularly if you're making sites backwards-compatible.

My advice would be to pull out a wooden stake and kill IE. Firefox and Chrome are both excellent browsers. Safari isn't bad either, though it's mainly used with Macs. I don't have much experience with Opera, though I know it tends to be an early adopter where HTML5 and CSS3 are concerned.

wedgeski

Adventurer
IE9 is more than up to the task of competing with its contemporaries. Its reputation as a standards pariah and the bane of web developers everywhere is well-deserved, but its most recent incarnation shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
IE9 is more than up to the task of competing with its contemporaries. Its reputation as a standards pariah and the bane of web developers everywhere is well-deserved, but its most recent incarnation shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

The IE team have definitely gotten their act together, but it's still behind. Just a lot less behind.

Remove ads