If this doesn't get you interested in my setting, nothing will...

Frostmarrow

First Post
This is your second world isn't it? I seem to recall you being unhappy with your last one. At any rate good luck with your new world - it does seem rather intrigueing.

Dalenthas

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
This is your second world isn't it? I seem to recall you being unhappy with your last one. At any rate good luck with your new world - it does seem rather intrigueing.

You could say that... though I am stealing most of the names I came up with for the other world, it is almost completely different (hey, its not theft if I'm stealing from myself, right?).

I'm gonna go do some work on it...

Terraism

Explorer
Dalenthas said:

You could say that... though I am stealing most of the names I came up with for the other world, it is almost completely different (hey, its not theft if I'm stealing from myself, right?).

I'm gonna go do some work on it...
Actually, if my AP European History teacher is correct - and I think he is - you DO have to cite yourself if you're drawing from previous works... ;)

Dalenthas

First Post
Terraism said:
Actually, if my AP European History teacher is correct - and I think he is - you DO have to cite yourself if you're drawing from previous works... ;)

Well, I've never compleated the previous work, so this is more of a second draft than a derived work :).

Henry

Autoexreginated
For a title, how about: "Primordial: The Ruins of Taggoth"?

And I like the idea of the setting: It suggests mutated beasts, half-mammal half-reptilian things that stalk two-legged prey, and finding buried treasure in once-beautiful common settings, now turned horrible and dangerous.

Only one thing: Dag-oh the Fourth is a good name for the ruler - I just hope you don't pronounce it Day-go the Fourth - it's a little close to a slang insult. :eek:

Dalenthas

First Post
Henry said:
Only one thing: Dag-oh the Fourth is a good name for the ruler - I just hope you don't pronounce it Day-go the Fourth - it's a little close to a slang insult. :eek:

Dag-oh is how I was pronouncing it.... not sure about everyone else though... ::whitles:: (damnit, there's no nonchalant smiley!)

Sounds like a great hook for a fun campaign! If you're really looking for more of the back of the box type of summary though, you really need to shorten it up. Your prose is good for the most part--gets a little bit shakey at the end--but other than that it sounds great. If you really wanted that "back-of-the-box experience" you'd have one or two at most paragraphs of SOME description--look on the WotC catalog, or on old campaign settings--and then maybe have a few bulletted items that outline some of the new and nifty features of your campaign. As for a title, Primordial: The Ruins of Taggoth does sound like an awesome title--great one Henry!

EDIT--Note to self: editing a topic does NOT bump a topic..:eek:

Last edited:

Remove ads