• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] The Corvis University Discreet Investigation and Retrieval Union (OOC)

Blue_Genie

First Post
Bobitron said:
Whoo hoo! I finally did some good this combat. Even though the end was practically written out, it was nice to whack someone with my sword.
As I stated earlier, this is actually my first PbP game, so I'm still learning the pros and cons. The comment on "practically written out" got me thinking, however.

Looking back on this combat, and after some discussion with a different group (running an Eberron game), I'd like to propose a change. It makes more sense, both in terms of time and otherwise, for you guys to do most of the rolling of the dice for your characters. That way, you know immediately whether you hit or not, and can post the results. I can be in charge of posting the results of the NPC actions (and rolling the dice for them, of course).

The only rolls that I would insist on making would be any skill check where your success or failure would not be immediately evident. These include all social interaction skill checks (Diplomacy, Intimidate, etc), and skills such as Appraise. But for the rest, be my guest and make the rolls.

I trust you all to be honest about posting your actual rolls, whether you use online rollers or your dice at home.

So how does that sound to all of you?

Bobitron

Explorer
When I said written out, I meant it was pretty much known that the guy was going down that round, if I hit him or not. He was a bit outnumbered at that point :)

Rolling our own dice seems fine.

Bobitron

Explorer
I think I am starting to hijack the game a bit here :heh:

I seriously could post much more. Should I go for it? I feel like others don't have the chance to be in conversation much if I keep talking and moving the story along.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Bobitron said:
I think I am starting to hijack the game a bit here :heh:

I seriously could post much more. Should I go for it? I feel like others don't have the chance to be in conversation much if I keep talking and moving the story along.
It's up to you, Bobitron. I don't mind it if you post more.

Karl Green

First Post
:) attack rolls and damage are cool... something like...

Attack roll 11+5=16, if I hit, Damage is 2d6=6 points

I suggest AoO, Cleaving, etc just be rolled by you though Blue. We can post our Hit Points in the titles where we post our characters names if you would like that also....

As for posting... well I can post a few times a day at least and generally will but there are times I have to spend away (My wife is so fussy about time with her... she just doesn't understand the needs of my RPG girlfriend ;) hehe)

Slippshade

First Post
I am ok with rolling my own stuff. Thought I would go with Karl's suggestion about cleave and AoO stuff. And Bobitron, post all you want. The ony reason I haven't posted more is because the combat ended on the weekend and I just don't have time to post on weekends. :)

Last edited:

Khairn

First Post
FYI

I will be away on a business trip on Tues Dec 14 and wont be avail to post until Wed Dec 15 in the AM.

If someone wishes to jump in regarding the disussions with the trollkins, please be my guest. If not then I'll be able to respond tomorrow.

Sorry about the sudden change.

Cormyck

Blue_Genie

First Post
Hi folks,
I have a similar message, I'm afraid. I just started another job and have been very busy lately. The frequency of my posts will pick up again after the holidays. Until then I will attempt to post every day, but I can't promise that for sure. Hang in there, things will heat up again soon.
Blue

Khairn

First Post
GRATS on the new job Blue!

With that and the holidays on us I can see where updates will be slow for the next 2 weeks.

Just as an FYI, my hard drive has gone <BOOM> and so it will be a few days before I will be able to post again. I'm making this post from work, but since I only work 1 day next week, I doubt I'll be making many more until the new drive is installed and everything updated.

Remove ads