• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] The Corvis University Discreet Investigation and Retrieval Union (OOC)

Krug

Newshound
Yeah no point to keep on waiting for Devyn... I'd say just NPC him or see if there's anyone who wants to take him over.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Bobitron said:
Hey Alex, I have a copy of Monsternomicon (Yea!) that I found at a local retailer. I haven't read anything yet. I wanted to speak to you before delving in. I noticed it had a section on Pendrake, along with the obvious inclusion of new monsters I know nothing about. Should I avoid reading any of the material? I think I am the only party member with the book.
Um, yeah, you'd better stay away from it for now. The Monsternomicon has a lot of information in it that can help you defeat the critters.

Speaking of books, I have an extra copy of the Iron Kingdoms Campaign Guide if anyone is interested in it. I'm willing to sell it to you for the cover price ($39.99), I'll handle the shipping and all that.

Bobitron

Explorer
Blue_Genie said:
Um, yeah, you'd better stay away from it for now.

Very good. I will stay away from everything except the new prestige classes. I've been looking forward to seeing that Adventuring Scholar class.

Edit: As for Devyn, I don't mind running Eva as well as Alain to replace him if needed. However, it was mentioned that 2-3 posts per week will be the norm, and we should maybe slow things down for a day or two to give him a chance to get into the plot.

Last edited:

Khairn

First Post
Sorry for the delay in posting, but I had a problem with my computer. Isnt that just perfect !

But its all fixed now and I'm ready to join in.

Would it be all right if I was already inside the gaming club? I would subtract the 75gp from my remaining coin. That way I could jump right in on the action.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Devyn said:
Sorry for the delay in posting, but I had a problem with my computer. Isnt that just perfect !
No problem, Devyn. Glad you are able to join us again.
Devyn said:
Would it be all right if I was already inside the gaming club? I would subtract the 75gp from my remaining coin. That way I could jump right in on the action.
Don't worry about the 75 crowns, we'll just say that you got in the same way that the others did (unless you want to become a member of the Gaming House. You can "introduce" yourself once the rest of the gang gets into the house.

Blue_Genie

First Post
The Happy Gorgandur

Just for fun, in regards to the earlier discussion of IK dragons and the Monsternomicon, here's a 3.5 conversion of one of the ... um ... bigger creatures found in the Iron Kingdoms. Don't worry, I won't have you interacting with him until you reach at least fourth level. :)

GORGANDUR

Colossal Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 35d10+350+60 (602 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), burrow 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
Armor Class: 36 (-8 size, +4 Dex, +30 natural), touch 6, flat-footed 32
Base Attack/Grapple: +35/+66
Attack: Bite +45 melee (4d8+15/19-20)
Full Attack: Bite +45 melee (4d8+15/19-20) and tail slap +37 melee (3d8+22)
Space/Reach: 40 ft./30 ft.
Special Attacks: Corrosive sludge, Crush 4d8+22 (DC 37), earthquake, improved grab, swallow whole, tail sweep 2d8+22 (DC 37), trample 2d8+22 (DC 42)
Special Qualities: DR 20/magic, frightful presence (DC 31), scent, spell resistance 25, tremorsense 300 ft.
Saves: Fort +31, Ref +23, Will +13
Abilities: Str 40, Dex 18, Con 30, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18
Skills: Climb +22, Jump +26, Listen +7, Search +6, Spot +7
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Iron Will, Weapon Focus (bite)
Epic Feats: Epic Toughness (x3), Epic Weapon Focus (bite), Perfect Health

Corrosive Sludge (Su): A gorgandur can spit forth a corrosive goo in a 100 ft. cone. This does 45d12 damage, Reflex DC 37 half. It may use this attack once every 1d6+1 rounds. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Crush (Ex): This special attacks allows a gorgandur to land on opponents of Large size or smaller as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the gorgandur’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save DC 37 or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the gorgandur moves off them. If the gorgandur chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Tail Sweep (Ex): This special attack allows a gorgandur to sweep with its tail as a standard action. The sweep affects a half-circle with a radius of 40 feet, extending from an intersection on the edge of the creature’s space in any direction. Creatures in the area are affected if they are Medium or smaller size, and can make a DC 37 Reflex to take half damage. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Earthquake (Su): By slamming itself down upon the ground as hard as it can, a gorgandur can cause an earthquake as a full-round action. This is in all ways like the earthquake spell cast as a 20th-level cleric, except that any fissures opened do not close, as the effects are permanent.
Frightful Presence (Ex): A gorgandur produces a constant low rumbling that inspires terror in creatures within 300 ft. (deafened creatures are still affected). They must make a Will save (DC 31) or suffer the following: Creatures of 5 or less HD become frightened for 6d6 rounds; those of 6-10 HD are panicked for 6d6 rounds; creatures of 11-15 HD are shaken for 6d6 rounds. Those with 16 or more HD are unaffected. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a gorgandur must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can attempt to swallow the foe the following round.
Swallow Whole (Ex): A gorgandur can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of a smaller size than itself by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 3d8+15 points of crushing damage as well as 2d6 acid damage per round. Swallowed creatures may attempt to hack their way out with any light slashing or piercing weapon by doing 50 points of damage to the gizzard (AC 20). Muscular action closes this hole up; additional victims must cut themselves out separately. Because of its extremely large gullet, a gorgandur can swallow 2 Gargantuan, 4 Huge, 8 Large, 16 Medium, 32 Small, 64 Tiny, 128 Diminutive, and 256 Fine opponents.
Tremorsense (Ex): A gorgandur can sense the location of anything in contact with the ground within 300 ft.

DrunkenMonkey

First Post
Blue if you don't mind me asking what software did you use to make that map with? I am always interested in hearing about peoples preferred map making software.

Karl Green

First Post
Blue_Genie said:
Just for fun, in regards to the earlier discussion of IK dragons and the Monsternomicon, here's a 3.5 conversion of one of the ... um ... bigger creatures found in the Iron Kingdoms. Don't worry, I won't have you interacting with him until you reach at least fourth level. :)

GORGANDUR

Colossal Magical Beast

Wimp ;)

I really love the Art and the stuff in the Mosternomicon. The Warpwolf and Totem Hunters are two of my fav that I have used in other game settings ;) The artwork is so cool it always mades me want to try and use ALL of the monsters when I ran the 3 Witchfire games in a face-to-face game (Last year I think.. man those 3 parts have been out forever ;)).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads