I'm bored. That's right. Bored.

hong

WotC's bitch
People come, people go. That's the way of online forae.

The boards haven't really changed, in aggregate. Many of the people you knew two years ago, however, have moved on. You haven't got the same connect with the people who replace them. Thus things feel different, and not as cosy as they used to be.

Of course, you can also only see so many "smiting paladins got teh shaft in grim 'n gritty campaigns with dungeonpunk art which suxx0rs" threads before getting bored, which might also have something to do with it.

Hong "so, let us talk about Exalted" Ooi

tetsujin28

First Post
reapersaurus said:
In all seriousness, I think the original poster is quite right:
It was more interesting here years ago than it is today.

But that's to be expected - it's not like the board is doing anything wrong. It's just that RPG'ing isn't as interesting as it was years ago, IMO.
Oh, I think that rpging is still a vital and fascinating hobby. It just seems to me (and take this with the biggest grain of salt that you like) that threads here used to have an excitement. Is it 3.5 ennui? I dunno, but there seem to still be a lot of 3.0 vs. 3.5 threads, even though the change occured more than a year ago.

Is that really all people have to talk about? That and the eternal questions about the lame alignment system, which have been dogging the hobby since Supplement 1: Greyhawk?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I'm curious what exactly you mean by they used to have an excitement? Were there more intense discussions? More flame wars? More threads shut down and users banned? Do you just see it as "been there, done that"? I've only been on these boards for about 6 months and even in that time I've seen periods where the discussions ongoing hold little interest to me, and others where I'm screaming at slow boards because I don't have time to read it all.

Maby your just suggesting its time for 4e? ;)

Patman21967

First Post
4e are you threatening me?

If they release another revision in the next 3 years, I will lead the assault, with torch in hand to burn Hasbro, WoTC and stores who sell those items to the ground..

Rampage, Kill, Loot and Burn....

Seriously, it bothers me that not even everyone in my gaming group has access to all books that the others have. I wish they would make 3 gigantic books for 100 dollars each, then 12 small books for 20 bucks....too much :):):):) to lug to seesions...

tetsujin28

First Post
Patman21967 said:
If they release another revision in the next 3 years, I will lead the assault, with torch in hand to burn Hasbro, WoTC and stores who sell those items to the ground..

Rampage, Kill, Loot and Burn....

Seriously, it bothers me that not even everyone in my gaming group has access to all books that the others have. I wish they would make 3 gigantic books for 100 dollars each, then 12 small books for 20 bucks....too much :):):):) to lug to seesions...
A pdf of the SRD is your pal. Weighs nothing, costs nothing.

Remove ads