Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability

Thanee

First Post
In our last game we first used this spell from Tome & Blood and it is quite a good one!

With Haste (shared with your familiar), Simbul's Spell Matrix and Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability you are able to cast a grand total of 5 spells per round over the first 2 rounds of combat!

Talk about almost doubling your combat effectiveness! :)

Bye
Thanee

Dr_Rictus

First Post
That approach does potentially make a bit of a target of your familiar, though. I prefer to imbue the li'l guy with back-up spells for when I'm in a jam, like false life, teleport, and invisibility. For his self-defense, I add stuff he can use while invisible himself, like summon monster.

Thanee

First Post
Well, it wasn't my familiar, but that of the other wizard in the party! My own familiar was left back in town, as I didn't want it to be around there (we ventured into one of the infernal planes to smite a pit fiend, who was on the way to retrieve a powerful artifact! - he got it because of that darn blasphemy (and because the other wizard didn't use his 6 prepared dimensional anchors in time), but one day later we tried it again (this time with even more dimensional anchors, some of them imbued or matrixed) and succeeded, altho the pit fiend had gained a lot of power through the artifact!).

I thought about giving my familiar Dispel Magic and yes, maybe Teleport (well, Dimension Door for now), to dispel annoying spells or get me out of harm's way, should the situation get messy!

All in all, it is a very versatile and useful spell, that's all I wanted to say! :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads