D&D 5E In an adventure called Dragon Heist I want only two things...

I've run it three times. You never quite get the "heist", because D&D doesn't do that sort of structure well. (Planning an operation first? Have you seen what players are like?)

My players do. They usually spend 3 hours discussion the plan, making teams with pre-established route to sneakily infiltrate the enemy's camp at night and get to their target undetected. Then, they meet the first guard patrolling and one of them decide to tip the fight in his favour by using his Horn of Walhalla.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
My players do. They usually spend 3 hours discussion the plan, making teams with pre-established route to sneakily infiltrate the enemy's camp at night and get to their target undetected. Then, they meet the first guard patrolling and one of them decide to tip the fight in his favour by using his Horn of Walhalla.

Yes. That’s it exactly!

It is almost always hilarious when a group of D&D players try to plan something. This doesn’t mean it can’t be done, nor that other systems (somehow) do it well.

But in a product for the general D&D audience, having a “heist” is unlikely to play that well. Except in amusement value!

Cheers,
Merric

Remove ads