• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In case you missed it: WotC 2010 Spring Catalog

Herschel

Adventurer
January:
Underdark Sourcebook
PHB Races Handbook: Dragonborn (softcover, $10 price point)

February:
Martial Power 2
Reavers of Harkenwold (HS1 Module levels 1-3)
Divine Power Cards
Minis: PHB Heroes: Series 3 (2 Arcane & Primal, 1 Divine & Martial)

March:
PHB 3
Dungeon Tiles: Howling Halls

April:
Hammerfast (Fully detailed dwarven town/outpost, $12 price point)
The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea Sourcebook (looks like spelljammer ships on cover)
Minis: Monster Manual: Streets of Shadow

Rechan

Adventurer
I was hoping they weren't going to get into the racial books. But I guess they are inevitable. Interesting that they're only $10.

I guess that Manual of the PLanes was just a "Planar Overview, before we start getting specific!" Wonder what they'll call the Shadowfell/Feywild books? "The Plane Next Door"?

Deverash

First Post
Interesting line up. I'm guessing their module line did fairly well, if they're starting another one. And 12 bucks for a fully detailed town might be worth it, depending on how modular it is.

Deverash

First Post
I was hoping they weren't going to get into the racial books. But I guess they are inevitable. Interesting that they're only $10.

But as I understand it, they're really, really short. Someone else probably has the specific numbers, but it was like ~30 pages was all.

I guess that Manual of the PLanes was just a "Planar Overview, before we start getting specific!" Wonder what they'll call the Shadowfell/Feywild books? "The Plane Next Door"?

:D

Pseudopsyche

First Post
I'm particularly glad to see new adventures (besides the initial HPE series and the campaign-specific modules) and the sourcebooks near the $10 price point, in contrast to the $35 books we've seen. However, I do have to wonder how WotC will differentiate these products from what they offer in the DDI magazines. Do we have details, for example, on how precisely the Hammerfast book will go beyond what might appear in a Backdrop article or how the Dragonborn book will go beyond an Ecology Of article?

Rechan

Adventurer
However, I do have to wonder how WotC will differentiate these products from what they offer in the DDI magazines. Do we have details, for example, on how precisely the Hammerfast book will go beyond what might appear in a Backdrop article or how the Dragonborn book will go beyond an Ecology Of article?
My first guess? There's just MORE of it. 30+ pages for teh Dragonborn book vs what, 10 pages for an Ecology article?

Also, keep in mind that DDi is great, but it's a subscription model. Many, many D&D players aren't really hot on the internet, let alone subscribers. So, WotC has to capture that part of the market.

Rechan

Adventurer
If they've all ready released their spring catalog, I wonder what they'll be announcing at GenCon? Aside from the next campaign setting.

avin

First Post
A set of miniatures named after Streets of Shadow looks interesting.

Hammerfast intrigues me. Hope there is a tile map of it.

Herschel

Adventurer
And it appears minis set size will stay at 40 vs. the old 60, at least per the write up and match the Star Wars line.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads