In the Service of Cyre

Shayuri

First Post
Dev bows graciously and says with a perfectly straight face, "I can promise her grace that my face will never be seen away from the Prince's side. There'll be no undeserved incident on my account, I assure you."

Alaric bows slowly. He has his suspicions about this mission, having never fully trusted the motives or the callous bureaucracy of the Dragonmarked houses. Regardless, he addresses the room:

"Your majesty, members of the high council, and Master d'Vadalis, I will gladly undertake this journey in the name of Cyre. Thank you, and good evening."

yzard

First Post
Thom nods his head slightly at the Queen's specific instructions for him, and then bows to the assembled group.

"As you wish, Your Highess."

Dekana

Explorer
To the queen, Kraken simply states "Understood, Your Highness." He then asks of the Lord High General, "General, if we do encounter a Karrnathi raid, what can we expect from them? Are they seeking conquest, or perhaps a target for a kidnapping and ransom?"

That thought leads Kraken to another idea. The adventurers are essentially looking for a fight, after all. He asks the queen, "If we encounter the raiders violating our borders, are we, along with Blade's unit, to attack them of our own initiative?"

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Kraken asks of the Lord High General, "General, if we do encounter a Karrnathi raid, what can we expect from them? Are they seeking conquest, or perhaps a target for a kidnapping and ransom?"

"For the most part, they are seeking to bloody our noses a bit and give their green troops a little experience. Our intelligencers have reported a series of poor harvests in the north as well, so they may take food. That said, if they came across and identified a target of opportunity which they could kidnap, they would certainly take advantage."

Kraken said:
That thought leads Kraken to another idea. The adventurers are essentially looking for a fight, after all. He asks the queen, "If we encounter the raiders violating our borders, are we, along with Blade's unit, to attack them of our own initiative?"

The general responds to Kraken's question, supported by a nod from the queen.

"Unless they somehow bring an overwhelming force over, I would certainly encourage you to do what you can to send them back across...or even into...the water. Commander Blade has lots of experience with raiders of this type, both Karrnathi and Thrannish. I recommend taking his advice when it comes down to dealing with any raiders you may encounter."

renau1g

First Post
"I shall act as the crown's eyes and ears mother. If this truly is as wondrous as it is reported, we shall return posthaste to report this information to you. I am grateful for the chance, your Majesty, and will prove my worth. Are there any dangers between here and our destination that we should be aware of? Also, are we to travel by airship, magic, or a more mundane method?" Prince Oargev replies.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
The queen replies, Officially, you will be patrolling the river for Karrn incursions. Those are the only dangers we anticipate. You will be traveling on foot, though we can give you riding horses from the royal stables if you wish. They shouldn't be strictly necessary, as time is no object on this mission, and Commander Blade's warforged will match whatever pace you wish to set. Lord Wyng has a map indicating the path you will take from here to Clifftop and back. Now, I bid you be on your way. Take this evening to prepare yourselves for your journey and send word to Commander Blade concerning when he should have his troop ready to leave.

With this dismissal, the guards open the main doors to the chamber. Lord Overton rises and hands Oargev a rolled up parchment and ushers you all into the waiting room.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis Lyrandar looks at the member of the other house, feeling his suspicions, but his heart is for this country. "Your wish is my command, my queen and your command my highest goal."

Shayuri

First Post
Dev gives the queen a bow, and follows Oargev out again. He remains characteristically quiet, and his eyes are a bit distant as he thinks about the queen's request, and how best to disobey it.

Remove ads