• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Which I Attempt a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Photoshoot

Is R2-D2 in it?

He who Harps

First Post
How many chapters does the book have?

Which season is the start of the sequence, e.g. 1) spring, 2) summer, 3) fall, and 4) winter in the table of contents? I am curious about this in regards to the later chapters and the villains.

R_J_K75

Legend
Looks like it goes back at least as far as 2e: Force Grey

2E City of Splendors describe them as the cities answer to troublesome folk. They were sent somewhat clandestine to deal with problems discreetly if memory serves me correctly. Thing that bothers me about them being a faction is that they were a very small elite group and I didnt think they took new members without really good cause. But its been years since I read that book let alone thought about it so I could be mistaken.

lvl20dm

Explorer
2E City of Splendors describe them as the cities answer to troublesome folk. They were sent somewhat clandestine to deal with problems discreetly if memory serves me correctly. Thing that bothers me about them being a faction is that they were a very small elite group and I didnt think they took new members without really good cause. But its been years since I read that book let alone thought about it so I could be mistaken.

I'm curious to see if Force Grey is a sort of "elite" faction that you need to be a veteran (higher level) adventurer to join. Maybe low level characters are simply prospective members or apprentices/squires?

R_J_K75

Legend
I just browsed the 2e entry. Theres 12 (7th+ level) warriors and 5 major npcs in the group hats it. Pretty specific. But that was quite awhile ago in Realms years so I could see them having grown in number but then to me that would defeat their purpose. Theyre more like navy seals than the army, in and out before anyone even knew they were there.

Remove ads

Remove ads