Increase in trolling?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To a point...there are enough of them that they can probably entertain themselves much as they did in WotC's forums.

That's okay. There's plenty of precedent for threads that are really only for a particular clique - the Hive, for example. If they want to just play with themselves, that's not a big deal, so long as they are not in gross violation of the rules.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
In other words, the exact same process we apply to everyone whether they come alone or are part of a board migration.
Ideally. I'm just saying let's not a mindset of "let's be extra lenient because they've migrated" apply. It's not worth it in the long run, in my opinion.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We've had inbound migrations a few times before; it usually works out the same way. Some of them will move on naturally. Others will decide to move on as soon as a moderator does something involving them, however minor. A small number will step over the line and be asked to leave. One will decide they have something to prove and start aggressively attacking me or one of the moderators. In the end, we get left with a couple of new decent posters who decide they'd like to actually join the community. I expect it won't be any different this time round.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
JamesonCourage said:
Ideally. I'm just saying let's not a mindset of "let's be extra lenient because they've migrated" apply. It's not worth it in the long run, in my opinion.
Especially since I also think some of them are sort of teaming up to troll. I think some of them are taking an us-versus-them tactic to troll ENWorld in general. There's a very good example of the tactic going on right now, and I bet everyone recognizes it.

Bullgrit

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Especially since I also think some of them are sort of teaming up to troll. I think some of them are taking an us-versus-them tactic to troll ENWorld in general. There's a very good example of the tactic going on right now, and I bet everyone recognizes it.

Bullgrit

So deal with the trolls like you would any other. If you have anything to say on the topic, state your piece and move on. Don't engage the trolling. Besides, if this is the thread I'm thinking it is, Danny knows the law, knows its implications, and is doing just fine.

Libramarian

Adventurer
Perhaps it would be helpful to keep in mind that these guys aren't just migrating here, they were all permabanned from the WotC forums, presumably for doing there what they're now doing here.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It would also be helpful to keep in mind that except in some rather specific circumstances, we judge folks based on what they do here, not what they do elsewhere.

If you want to put such a person on your ignore list due to their history, that's your choice. But don't expect the mods to treat them more harshly due to their reported history on some other messageboard.

Remove ads