D&D General Index of Dungeons and Dragons Monsters?

Voadam

Legend
Other organization/classification issues to consider.

Ogre zombie, classified under Ogre or Zombie? Listed as Ogre Zombie or Zombie Ogre? In the 5e MM you have Undead Beholders under Beholder, but Zombie Beholders are under Zombie. Sometimes these conventions change between sources so going with things as listed does not always work for keeping like with like.

Some things change into different monsters under different editions. Specters are the low level minion ghosts of 5e but have been the Nazgul stand in top predator energy draining incorporeal undead in prior editions. 4e Archons are elemental legion soldiers while in AD&D/3e they were LG outsiders. Treat them as the same entry or different ones?

Voadam

Legend
I have run into the naming conventions issues for organizing stuff in my Undead Origins thread. I mostly settled on putting in a lot of cross-references of alt names in the cumulative lists and going alphabetically by broad to specific in those lists to generally keep like with like so Death Knight, Lord Loren Soth info is found among other Death Knight stuff instead of under L or S entries.

Remove ads