Indie Collaboration

Reynard

Legend
Is there a site, community, Discord, subreddit, whatever dedicated toward helping indie creators link up and collaborate. I mean writers, artists, designers, developers etc coming together to create products?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I know that this probably isn't much help, but the folks I've collaborated with I've found mainly through Facebook and Twitter (by way of following them with an eye toward tapping them for future projects).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There have been many that came and went over the years. We’ve even had areas (and even a whole site at one point) for it. Nothing ever gained critical mass and they all pretty much faded away. To this day it’s pretty much word of mouth plus whoever you can recruit with your social networking reach.

darjr

I crit!
conventions have been good for this and with the rise of online conventions maybe those could help. At least with networking?

Though I think most online conventions don’t have a good way to mingle, outside of running and playing games.

Goodman Games would run a virtual hall with Gather Town that was like an eight bit virtual space. I met a few new folks there.

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Networking can be rough, especially in a field that seems custom-built to attract introverts. I've certainly felt extremely uncomfortable putting myself out there. I'd be happy to learn of any great resources for connection people.

I suppose if there isn't a good platform for that yet, that's certainly opportunity waiting for someone to jump on it. Find a need and fill it, is how the saying goes?

Remove ads