• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Scotley

Hero
Okay, here's a mostly complete character for your approval. He still needs a little gear, but he's mostly complete. I tried to base the background on the information in the game thread. Additional suggestions are welcome.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Rogash Ungart
[B]Class:[/B] Rogue 4/Fighter 2
[B]Race:[/B] Dwarf
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] CG
[B]Deity:[/B] Clangeddin Silverbeard

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 6        [B]XP:[/B] NA
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (8p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +5         [B]HP:[/B] 39 (4d6+2d10+12)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (4p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +7     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] NA
[B]Int:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] NA
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +2
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 (4p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -1         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 20%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]           10    +5    +3    +3    +0    +0    +0    21
[B]Touch:[/B] 13           [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 21 (Uncanny Dodge)

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      4    +2          +6
[B]Ref:[/B]                       4    +3          +7
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    +2          +3

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
+1 Dwarven Waraxe         +9     1d10+3     20x3
Mt. MW Comp. Longbow      +9     1d8+2      20x3  
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] Dwaven, Common, Undercommon

[B]Abilities:[/B] Darkvision 60'; Stonecunning +2;
 Weapon Familiarity--Urgosh, Waraxe; Stability +4; 
+2 vs. Poison; +2 to attack Orcs and goblinoids; +4 vs. Giants;
+2 Appraise & Craft checks on stone or metal items;
Profiecency with all simple & martial weapons, all armor & shields; Sneak Attack +2d6; Trapfinding; Evasion;
Trapsense +1; Uncanny Dodge 

[B]Feats:[/B] Weapon Focus (Waraxe); Iron Will; Point Blank Shot;
Rapid Shot; Powerattack

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 69       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 9/4
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appriase                   1    +1          +0      2 (4) Stone or Metal
Balance                    0    +3          +2      5
Bluff                      5    +0          +0      5
Climb                      1    +2          +0	    3	
Craft (traps)		   1    +1	            2 (4) Stone or Metal
Decipher Script		   1    +1		    2
Diplomacy		   0    +0	    +2	    2
Disable Divice		   8    +3	    +2	    13
GatherInformation	   1	+0	    +2      1 (3) Iron Hills 
Hide			   5	+3		    8	
Intimidate		   5    +0  	    +2      7
Jump			   0	+2	    +2      4
Knowledge (Loc-IronHill)   5    +1	            6
Listen			   0	+0		    0	
Move Silently		   5    +3		    8
Open Lock		   8    +3	    +2	    13	 
Search 			   8	+1		    9	
Sense Motive		   1	+0		    1 	
Seight of Hand		   1 	+3                  4
Spot			   6	+0                  6   
Swim			   2	+2                  4 
Tumble			   5	+3                  8   

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
+1 Dwarven Waraxe        2330gp   8lb
Mithral Breastplate      4200gp   15lb
+1 Mithral Heavy Shield  2010gp   7.5lb
Mt. MW Comp. Longbow      500gp   3lb    20 arrows 1gp  3lb
MW Thieves' Tools	  150gp
Explorers' Outfit

[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXlb      [B]Money:[/B] 3959gp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               58   116   175   350   875

[B]Age:[/B] 56
[B]Height:[/B] 4'4"
[B]Weight:[/B] 150lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Light Brown
Appearance: Rogash's appearance is somewhat unusual in keeping with his nature. He is tall and slender as dwarves go. His sharp eyes are emerald green. His beard is coal black and bushy with a tendency to stick out as well as down. He wears his dark hair in elaborate braids the ends wrapped in purple cloth held by gold wire. This is a style adopted by he and his fellows in an elite military unit. He wears a purple surcoat over his mithral breastplate. A matching heavy shield completes his armor. A waraxe hangs at his side with a stout oaken handle and gleaming head that he calls 'Gatecrasher' in subtle insult to his home of Irongate. He carries a bow that looks more elven than dwarven in a quiver across his back. On the back of his right hand is a gray tattoo of a wavy hafted spear with a broad head. He tends to be loud, boisterous and outspoken. He is friendly and enjoys a good tavern, but finds friendship illusive.

Background: Rogash Petrov's son of Clan Ungart was born some 56 years ago in a small Iron Hills clanhold. His father died in a mining accident when he was only 14. He was a difficult and rebellious lad who had trouble fitting in to life as a miner. Despite his efforts he had some difficulty making friends and maintaining relationships except with other troubled youths. His behavior was such that he eventually was given a choice by the clan elders--exile or the military. But for the plea of his mother he would have likely chosen exile. She thought perhaps the military could instill a sense of discipline in him that she had not been able to. While an able enough warrior, Rogash tended to clash with his officers and question the logic of their orders. While his military career was on its way to an early end, one sharp and unconventional officer saw something in young Rogash. This officer, Captain Stonebender, recruited Rogash and other young agile and intelligent warriors for a special unit. Stonebender called his men the Shadowspear. Talents developed in his misspent youth, stealth, speed, sharp eyes and the ability to pass locks and traps served Rogash well in the Shadowspear. This unit specialized in penetrating quickly to the heart of an enemy camp be it a fortress, dungeon or base. The men of the Shadowspear were expected to be bold and think for themselves, which fit Rogash well. They were a successful unit garnering many accolades. During the troubles with the Formians a few years ago the Shadowspear worked deep in enemy territory. The men returned with filled with dark and bitter images. Captain Stonebender was slain during the war and after his men had returned his body and the bodies of many of their comrades home for burial the unit was disbanded. When opportunity came Rogash left the military rather than endure life in a regular unit. He moved to the city of Irongate which has been his home ever since. He finds work as a guard or security consultant. He often drinks too much. Sometimes he will fall back on Roguish skills and liberate money or goods from greedy corrupt men in the city. He spends this money lavishly on the downtrodden and buying drinks for friends. While he is proud of his old unit and often drinks a toast to the memory of Captain Stonebender he never talks of the battles with the Formians. If he does not find a cause he can believe in or a place to belong he will eventually find himself in prison or drink his life away.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Scotley:

Everything looks good. I like that you tied his background in with the current story. He should be pretty nasty when he makes a sneak attack.

If you wouldn't mind formatting the abilities section so that you don't have to side-scroll, that'd help ensure that I don't miss anything when the time comes to use one of his abilities.

-IG

Scotley

Hero
I'll get the format polished up. I'm going to be out of town for a few days, but I'll get him done when I get back. He needs a buddy to flank with.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh was very helpful to the first 'sneaky' type he befriended, Noddy the Halfling and Rokelsh made a fairly good team.. perhaps the same could be said with Rogash.

industrygothica

Adventurer
gavagai & ishalleatyourflesh: I haven't heard from either of you guys in a bit. Are you still interested? I'd like to see a bit more of your characters if you are.

gavagai

First Post
Sorry, I'll be dropping out. I don't want to make a commitment I might not be able to follow through, and I have some personal troubles at the moment.

Remove ads