• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Infamy / Disrepute-style System for Custom Campaign

raineym

Explorer
I am currently starting a custom setting campaign and I want to include something similar to the Infamy/Disrepute system in Skull & Shackles.

I "borrowed" the system for issuing Infamy/Disrepute (called Glory/Renown in my system) from Skull & Shackled almost without edit, but I need help on the rewards. Almost all of those in the Skull and Shackles system don't fit my campaign setting.

The campaign setting is a cold-weather, low-magic, low-fantasy setting.

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas that I could use for rewards in this system?

Last edited:

Razjah

Explorer
First, when viewing the forum in the legacy skin, your text is completely black and unreadable. I had to highlight it to read it. This will almost certainly affect how many people read your thread.

As for the Glory/Renown, what type of rewards are you looking to give? Mechanical benefits (spend a resource point acquired by fame to get a bonus on intimidation for being known to leave no survivors) or role play and adventure seed benefits (become the most eligible bachelor who is not royalty, given a title of Marquis and a keep on the east marches)?

Keldin

First Post
First, Razjah is seconded -- your text is black-on-black and had to be selected in order to read it.

Second, have you looked at the Reputation/Fame system from Ultimate Campaign? You can find it here too.

paradox42

First Post
Regarding the black-on-black text, it usually happens when people compose their posts in Word (or some other word processing program, but Word is by far the most common one with this problem) and copy/paste it into the ENWorld "New Post" box. ENWorld's code is designed to keep the text color of the original, so it keeps the black color that's the default for Word and thus... black-on-black. Solution, just select the entire post text before you click the "Post" button and use ENWorld's text-color control (it's that little drop-down with the italic "A" in it, fifth along the list reading left to right) to change the text color to something else. Avoid red, because that's what the Mods use.

Regarding the actual subject of the post, I also recommend checking out the Fame/Infamy system from Chapter 3 of Ultimate Campaign. It's pretty extensive, but is relatively easy to adapt to other settings (partly as a result of being designed for a "generic" or "kitchen sink" setting originally).

raineym

Explorer
First, when viewing the forum in the legacy skin, your text is completely black and unreadable. I had to highlight it to read it. This will almost certainly affect how many people read your thread.

I used the Advanced Editor. I don't know if I hit something wrong but I took paradox42's advice and removed the formatting. Should be fine now as I can see it now.

Second, have you looked at the Reputation/Fame system from Ultimate Campaign? You can find it here too.

I have not, nor was I aware that such a system existed. I've looked it over and it should work as is perfectly. Thanks.

Remove ads