WOIN Infusion spells vs Ajuration

Shaun Palmer

Explorer
I have a couple of question about infusions spells vs abjuration.

Can Infuse be used on bows and other ranged weapons in order for their ammunition to gain the infused damage type?

If a metal weapon is infused with fire, will Abjure Metal Shielding (+DEFENCE) still be effective against it, or will it now read as fire instead of metal? What about Abjure Metal Withstanding (+SOAK)?

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
I have a couple of question about infusions spells vs abjuration.

Can Infuse be used on bows and other ranged weapons in order for their ammunition to gain the infused damage type?
Hi again,

RAW only refers to weapons - and it would be a huge throwback for archers if it's handled "per arrow".
If a metal weapon is infused with fire, will Abjure Metal Shielding (+DEFENCE) still be effective against it, or will it now read as fire instead of metal? What about Abjure Metal Withstanding (+SOAK)?
Abjure (shielding) has to be paired with creature secrets; the weapon doesn't matter, the wielder does.
SOAK created by abjure metal won't help with fire damage.

So long 😊

Shaun Palmer

Explorer
Just to clarify, in this scenario a character has Leather Armour SOAK 4 and is buffed with Abjure Metal Withstanding +SOAK 2 Bonus vs Metal. This gives a possible total of 6 SOAK depending on the damage type.

When hit by a metal sword infused with fire damage (giving two damage types, Fire & Metal), the best soak option applies (6 SOAK)

Whereas a sword created using Create Fire Elemental Object would ignore the +2 bonus vs Metal and only the 4 SOAK would apply.

MacD

That’s not quite right.

The rules for SOAK tell you how to apply it when there are multiple damage types.
I agree - IF there are multiple damage types.
Does infuse element ADD another damage type?
I didn't use it that way and the spelling isn't 100% clear; adding damage types would result in massive crit effects, so I believed in changing damage types.

Holy f*** just imagine weapons with 3 dmg types and 2-3 infuse spells...

Shaun Palmer

Explorer
So in that scenario the original type should be ignored and the new type would be used for resolving damage.

If a weapon does piercing damage, but is infused with holy, does a target that is immune to piercing ignore the immunity and take holy damage?

MacD

If a weapon does piercing damage, but is infused with holy, does a target that is immune to piercing ignore the immunity and take holy damage?
Yup. Sorry for the late answer ;-)

As far as I remember immunities only kick in if you are immune to all damage types you recieve.
Armor SOAK ineffectivities works the other way, if your armor is ineffective vs one of multiple damage types you don´t get anything SOAKed; if the armor offers additional SOAK vs one damage type (like cloth armor with an heat SOAK 5 upgrade but ineffectivity vs heat damage) you should only get the 5 SOAK of the armor upgrade.

Remove ads