Insight's Agents of Artemis (M&M2E): OOC Thread

hafrogman

Adventurer
Placeholder Post for Warren A. Seaver, Jr.
ID No.: 6081744
DOB: 11/19/1996

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120 pp
Hero Points: 1

ABILITIES: 22pp
Strength: 12[18] (+4)
Dexexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 16[22] (+6)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 12[16] (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

SAVING THROWS: 6pp
Toughness: +8 = Equipment 2 +6 Con
Fortitude: +8 = BASE 2 + 6 Con
Reflexes: +4 = BASE 3 + 1 Dex
Will: +4 = BASE 1 + 3 WILL

COMBAT: 22pp
Damage Bonus: + 4 (unarmed)
Base Attack: +6 (+6 melee, +6 ranged)
Defense: +7 (5 +2 dodge)
Initiative: +5

SKILLS: 84 ranks (21 pp)
Acrobatics 8
Climb 8
Computers 12
Craft: Chemical 8
Craft: Electronic 8
Craft: Mechanical 8
Disbale Device 12
Knowledge: Physical Sciences 8
Notice 12

FEATS: (13 pp)
All-Out Attack
Blind Fight
Diehard
Dodge Focus 2
Endurance
Equipment 3
Improved Initiative 1
Inventor
Power Attack
Rage 1

POWERS: (39 pp)
Device 4 [12 pp] (The Dragon, easy to lose) - {technology}
The Dragon (4 ranks)
- Blast 7 (Accurate, Extended Range) [Fire]
- Strike 3 (Mighty)
Enhanced Strength 6 [6pp] - {shadow}
Enhanced Constitution 6 [6pp] - {shadow}
Enhanced Wisdom 4 [4pp] - {shadow}
Leaping 1 [1 pp] - {shadow}
Regeneration 4 [4pp] - {shadow}
- Recovery Rate: Injured 2
- Recovery Rate: Disabled 2
Super Senses 5 [5 pp] (The Nose Knows, Shadow Resonance) - {shadow}
The Nose Knows (2 ranks)
- Acute Scent
- Tracking
Shadow Resonance (3 ranks)
- Detect Shadow
- Enhance Range
Super Strength 1 - {shadow}

EQUIPMENT: 15/15 ep
Undercover Shirt (3 ep)
Knife (3 ep)
Heavy Pistol (9 ep)

DRAWBACKS: Power Loss - Regeneration (when not in moonlight) [-3 pp]
COMPLICATIONS: Shadow-tainted, hated by animals

TRADE OFFS: None

COST SUMMERY:
Abilities 22 pp + Skills (48 Ranks) 21 pp + Feats 13 pp + Powers 39 pp + Combat 22pp + Saves 6pp – Drawbacks 3 = 120 pp[/sblock]

[sblock=A conversation]
DECEMBER 19TH, 2012
BLEAKSTONE ACADEMY – SAMUEL MIDLAND'S OFFICE

How the hell did this happen?
You saw my report. The lyc made us before we entered the building, it broke for cover. Kid was just in the wrong place.
That’s not what I meant, and you know it. What were you doing taking a fifteen year-old student with you into a confrontation?
Sixteen. His birthday was last month.
Dammit, Roberts.
It wasn’t supposed to be a firefight. Just recon. His name came up in the rotation. The students can’t learn if they don’t observe.
They can’t learn if they’re dead either. You’ve seen his file, he’s not tagged for field work. We keep him around for his mind. Hell, he barely even passed P.E. this year.
He volunteered. In case you hadn’t noticed, the shadow is everywhere out there these days. I’m not gonna turn down a kid based on a piece of paper. We need every one. But you gotta face it; we’re going to lose some of them. We were lucky this time.
You still think he’s going to make it then?
The injuries are all gone. And we’ve had every doctor, medicine man and faith healer we could wrangle looking at him. He seems fine.
Fine? He’s still. . . still . . . Have you seen his eyes?
. . . yeah.
So what do we tell him?
That’s he’s fine. That there’s no reason to worry. That he won’t finish the change.
And you think he’ll believe that?
For all we know, it’s the truth.
And what happens if it’s not?
Then we do what we have to. We do what we’re trained for.
Yeah. Now I have to call his parents and try and explain this during the middle of the Apocalypse. That’s just what I needed on top of everything else. Is there ANY good news?
Well, I don’t think you have to worry about him passing P.E. next year.[/sblock]

[sblock=In his own words]I guess my early childhood was pretty normal, you know. More junk food, TV, internet and video gaming than was good for me, but not so much that I didn't want more. Then my sister got sick. I remember being dragged along on a lot of doctor visits. A lot of hushed conversations that didn't include a young boy, fearful looks, arguments formed out of frustration. Nobody seemed to have any answers. My grandma kept going on about evil spirits and other stories from 'the old country'. We pretty much all assumed she was crazy. My family had lived in Phoenix all my life, but as far as I could tell, 'the old country' just seemed to be Minnesota.

But once gram got an idea in her head, she wasn't one to give it up, so she found us an exorcist. He wasn't much to look at, and he apparently wasn't even a priest. But he had a bell, a book and a candle, and he knew what he was doing. I don't know what any of us expected that day, but we all saw things that changed us. My parents got their daughter back, my sister was saved from a horrible fate, and I had my eyes opened to a world that I never even knew existed.

In time, I found my way to Bleakstone. The school that trained the man who saved my sister's life. The one place where I could learn more about the world that I had glimpsed that day. The place that would train me to fight against it, or at least, so I thought. I guess I wasn't much of a recruit for them. I was never exactly an active child, and nothing changed that throughout my high-school years. Oh, they weren't going to kick me out. I was smart, and willing, quick to learn, and dedicated to my tasks. But the school was training warriors against shadow, and I, I would be their support staff.

In December of my Junior year, all hell broke loose on Earth. The creatures that had been content to lurk in the shadows suddenly sprang into the limelight. I don't know what led me to volunteer for that ride-along. I guess I just wanted a taste of field work, and figured that nobody would notice with multiple missions being run every day. It was just supposed to be a quiet little trip. I was gonna get to see the enemy, and then we'd be back to the school. I guess things didn't go exactly according to plan. But I don't regret it, not in the least.

I was standing outside the wearhouse, watching my breath in the air, while the full hunters went in. I was just realizing how excruciatingly boring the whole night was going to be when I saw movement. I don't exactly remember much of the next few moments, a flash of motion, fur, claws, a pain in my chest. And then as suddenly as it had arrived, it was gone, bounding past me into the woods. I was lying on my back in the snow, blood leaking out of my chest, staring up at the moon, sure I was experiencing my final moments on this Earth.

When I came to, I learned the full story. A werewolf, startled from his bolt hole, had run me down. I felt so mortified, I hadn't even been able to try to stop it. It hadn't even registered me as a threat. What I had thought of as horrible rips in my chest were three barely visible scratches. So much for my brush with glory. There seemed to be an awful lot of activity for such a minor injury, though. I hadn't seen so many doctors since my sister's illness. Lycanthropy is what they called it. Even with my experience, there hasn't been a lot of scientific research into it. Is it a disease? A curse? Who knows? Looks like I fought it off whatever it was. My eyes have turned a strange shade of yellow, but other than that, I'm still me. Heck, I'm better than ever.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hmm... I just realized how useless true Probability control with 40pp total. So I think the fate manipulation idea will go bye bye. However, I do think I can play up the "divine tricker" heritage aspect of the character.

Shayuri

First Post
Some Work In Progress mechanics...

[sblock]Name: Juno Reyes
Concept/Archetype:
Power Points: 120
Experience Points: 0

ABILITIES (22)
STR 14 (20) (4 PP)
DEX 16 (20) (6 PP)
CON 14 (4 PP)
INT 10 (0 PP)
WIS 16 (6 PP)
CHA 12 (2 PP)

SAVES (11)
TOUG +8 (2 Con + 6 feat)
FORT +6 (4 Base +2 Con +0 Feat +0 Power) (4 PP)
REF +9 (4 Base +5 Dex +0 Feat +0 Power) (4 PP)
WILL +6 (3 Base +3 Wis +0 Feat +0 Power) (3 PP)

COMBAT 20
INIT +9
BASE DEF +4 (8 PP)
DEF 18 (10 + 4 Base + 4 Feat + 0 Power)
FLAT-FOOTED 12
BASE ATT +5 (10 PP) (+8 for melee)

SKILLS 32 SP (8 PP)
Acrobatics +10 (5 ranks + 5 dex)
Bluff +5 (4 ranks + 1 Cha)
Escape Artist +10 (5 ranks + 5 Dex)
Gather Information +5 (4 ranks +1 Cha)
Notice +10 (7 ranks + 3 Wis)
Stealth +10 (5 ranks + 5 dex)
Survival +5 (2 ranks + 3 Wis)

LANGUAGES (1 ranks)
--English, Spanish

MOVEMENT
SPEED 30/60/120

FEATS (18 PP)
Attractive 1
Defensive Roll 6
Dodge Focus 4
Equipment 1 (5pts)
Favored Opponent (Undead) 1
Improved Initiative 1
Melee Focus 3
Uncanny Dodge 1

POWERS (40)
Comprehend Spirits +1, 2pp
Enhanced Strength +6, 6pp
Enhanced Dexterity +4, 4pp
Strike +2 (PF Mighty, PF Affects Insubstantial), 4pp
Leaping +2, 2pp
Regeneration +7
- Unconscious (1 round) +1
- Injured (5 minutes) +2
- Disabled (1 hour) +2
- Dead (1 Day) +2
Speed +3, 3pp
Super-Movement +3, 6pp
- Slow Fall
- Wall Crawling 2
Super Senses +6, 6pp
- Scent
- See Invisible
- Low Light Vision
- Detect Undead

DRAWBACKS

EQUIPMENT
Camera
Cellphone
Laptop
Binoculars
Leather Jacket

COST
Abilities [22]
Combat [20]
Saves [11]
Skills [8]
Feats [18]
Powers [40]
Drawbacks [0]
Total [119]
Unspent [0][/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Mechanics & background for

Kristin Majdic
Concept: Gunslinger (minor alchemy and psionic abilities)

[sblock=personal background]
Four years ago, Kristin had been an elite gymnast -- third alternate on the US junior team, in fact. Her life to then had fallen apart when the national team's coach had told her parents straight out that she was going to be too tall to make the next step. A few inches shorter and she would have spent last summer in London.

It was only after that disappointment that she started paying more attention to what her parents were teaching her younger brothers. Perhaps diving as deeply into shooting as she had into gymnastics was an overreaction -- if she couldn't be the best in one, she'd show that she could be the best in something else. She'd been sixteen when they'd told her the real reason behind why they taught all their children how to craft a hunter's guns and ammunition, and how to shoot them.

The formulas had sometimes been strange -- the chemistry she knew didn't always completely explain how they worked. And few outside the tight-knit community of hunters ever mastered the mental state where time slowed down and you could fire faster than most would believe possible, or do things with one bullet that were... improbable, at best. But even before the Revalation, she'd followed her mother on a Hunt twice. She knew what was out there was real.

The family had always passed the trade from master to apprentice, usually father to son, but in the last half-century mostly mother to daughter. But the Revelation had caused her parents to think perhaps the old hunter families were not enough. So they had asked Kristin to accept Emma Tolhurst-Stone's offer of a place at the Academy for her -- and her brothers, for that matter. And Col. Jalana Majdic retired after twenty years service in the Army, and joined the faculty.
[/sblock][sblock=family background]
Family legend said that in 1523, her many-times great grandmother had been killed by a creature of shadow, and so driven the small town Balkan jeweler that was her just-as-many-times great grandfather to become a hunter. He was no great warrior, but he consulted anyone who could find to learn how such creatures might be killed. And then he built a crossbow and scores of alchemically treated bolts and set out on his mission. He never found his wife's killer, but he did destroy several other such things, and taught his son after him.

By the 1700s that line of her family were gunsmiths, not jewelers. Silver bullets were the simplest of the tools of the trade that they crafted and used with equal expertise. In the tiny, far-flung community of hunters, weapons and ammunition they crafted were highly prized.

In the 1940s, her great-grandfather had worked for American intelligence to sabotage the Nazi research into the occult, but as a western agent he found that he needed to escape his native land ahead of the Communists and relocated to Chicago. He married late, though, and had no sons. Always before when this had happened, the family had trained a grandson, or a son-in-law, or a nephew. But he had few friends in America outside of his wife, and his daughter had convinced him she could do the work.

Similar circumstances led to the next generation passing from mother to daughter again. It might not have happened a third time, but circumstances meant that it did.

Kristin Majdic is the product of five centuries of lines of hunters. She is bright, nearly supernaturally quick, and has absorbed everything her parents and grandparents taught about their craft. She's eager to prove she's a worthy member of that line herself.
[/sblock][sblock=combat and tactics]
Kristin prefers it if her enemies don't notice her until she fires the first shot. She keeps a wide variety of custom bullets on her at all times, and if she recognizes her opponent, she can usually find something in the bag that old witch woman gave her great-great-great-grandfather to hurt it.

When she can't, she's quite capable of coming up with something new. Although she has the feats and skills to do so, she doesn't create Devices other than weapons and ammunition.
[/sblock][sblock=physical description]
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair: Black, cut short
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Fair
Ethnicity: Mixed eastern and central European

Kristin dresses like a typical American teenager with mild tomboy tendencies in most respects, but skilled observers would probably notice she's carrying a pair of concealed pistols -- which she has all the permits for now that she's a legal adult.
[/sblock][sblock=character sheet]KRISTIN MAJDIC
gunslinger
"You can shoot things that go bump in the night."

Identity: Public ID

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair: Black

POWER LEVEL
Max Attack: 8
Max Defense: 8
Max Save DC: 8
Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
{24 PP}
STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 20 (+5)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 16 (+3)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 10 (+0)

COMBAT
Attack 0 (Melee 0, Ranged 6) [Unarmed +0 (Bruise)]
Defense 8 (0 flat-footed)
Initiative 5

SAVES
{15 PP}
Toughness 8 (2 flat-footed)
Fortitude 7
Reflex 10
Will 7

SKILLS
{24 PP}
Acrobatics 13 (+18)
Bluff (+0)
Climb (+0)
Concentration (+2)
Craft
-Chemical 10 (+13)
-Mechanical 10 (+13)
Diplomacy (+0)
Disguise (+0)
Escape Artist 11 (+16)
Gather Info (+0)
Handle Animal (+0)
Intimidate (+0)
Knowledge
-Arcane Lore 13 (+16)
-History 5 (+8)
-Technology 5 (+8)
Notice 13 (+15)
Search (+3)
Sense Motive (+2)
Stealth 13 (+18)
Survival (+2)
Swim (+0)

LANGUAGES
English, Russian, German, Latin

FEATS
{28 PP}
Accurate Attack
Ambidexterity
Attack Focus, Ranged (6)
Defensive Roll (6)
Dodge Focus (8)
Precise Shot (2)
Quick Draw (2)
Uncanny Dodge (1)
Artificer

POWERS
{29 PP}
POWER Hunter's ammunition (sorcery/alchemy)
[boost Hunter's Guns, add power feats - incurable, variable descriptor 2 (sorcery)] {3 PP}
POWER Trick shot (psionic) [boost Hunter's Guns, add power feats - improved range, ricochet 2, subtle] {4 PP}
POWER Ammo pouch [Dimensional Pocket; limited - storage only] {1 PP}
POWER Hunter's guns (easy to lose Device, tech) {21 PP, rank 7 Device, allows 35 PP}
[blast 8; extras: penetrating, autofire 1;
power feats: accurate, restricted 1 (20 Dex required or guns act as normal light pistols, must have similar build to Kristin or guns lose the accurate feat)] {34 PP power, so fits in the Device}

MOVEMENT
Base Move: 30 ft/60 ft/120 ft
Leaping: 10 ft/5 ft/0 ft

LIFTING
Light: 33 lbs, Med: 66 lbs, Heavy: 100 lbs
Max: 200 lbs, Push: 500 lbs

SUMMARY
Abilities 24 + Skills 24 (96 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 29 + Combat 0 + Saves 15 – Drawbacks 0 = 120 / 120
[/sblock][sblock=complications]
Possible complication on her pistol powers
- can run out of ammo
- sometimes doesn't know what kind of bullets hurt a shadow creature[/sblock][sblock=mechanics notes]Kristin's 'bag of holding' is a magical Device with the OOC intention being to give her some Hammerspace for ammunition and other stuff.

I'm not really sure if the way I set up her powers works completely, but I couldn't find a method for building a power that enhanced mundane equipment, so I put the whole cost of a Blast into Kristin's ammo, and by the rules her Boost power is boosting the Device.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Padreigh

First Post
So, I think I have the stats sorted out and edited my first entry.

I changed Light control to Theurgy (Divine Magic) but will still stick to light effects. Alternate form is now a spell (which should be okay by the rules, but of course the GM has the last word) with Slow Fade.

My character's most obvious ability is his "Universal translator" power and that is the only one he has admitted to having so far at the academy. :)

Background to follow, once stats are approved.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Description]
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Skin: Olive
Ethnicity: Caucasion
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Name: Galen Maguire
Concept/Archetype: Haunted Youth (Poltergeist)

ABILITIES (32)
STR 10 (0 PP)
DEX 16 (6 PP)
CON 10 (0 PP)
INT 18 (8 PP)
WIS 20 (10 PP)
CHA 18 (8 PP)

SAVES (10)
TOUG +7 (Def Roll 3 + Tach Vest 4) (1 PP)
FORT +3 (3 Base ) (3 PP)
REF +7 (4 Base +3 Dex) (4 PP)
WILL +7 (2 Base +5 Wis) (2 PP)

COMBAT (6)
INIT +3
BASE DEF +3 (6 PP)
DEF 13 / 18 (10 + 3 Base + 5 power)
FLAT-FOOTED 12 / 17
BASE ATT +0 (0 PP) (+6 Ranged)

SKILLS 64 SP (16 PP)
Acrobatics +7 (4 ranks + 3 dex)
Bluff +12 (8 ranks + 4 Cha)
Concentration +9 (4 ranks +5 Wis)
Gather Information +8 (4 ranks +4 Cha)
Know: Behavioral +8 (4 ranks +4 Int)
Know: Life Science +8 (4 ranks +4 Int)
Know: Physical Science +8 (4 ranks +4 Int)
Know: All others +4 (Eiditic Memory)
Medicine +9 (4 ranks +5 Wis)
Notice +13 (8 ranks + 5 Wis)
Search +12 (8 ranks +4 Int)
Sense Motive +13 (8 ranks +5 Wis)
Stealth +7 (4 ranks + 3 dex)

FEATS (17 PP)
Attack focus: Ranged 6
Blind Fight
Defensive roll 3
Eidetic memory
Evasion 2
Well-informed
Equipment 3

POWERS (40)
All powers [psionic]

Remote Viewing 4 (ESP Visual (2) [linked] Auditory (1) = 3/rank) 12pts

Sixth Sense Array (8 pts):
Primary: Spirit Awareness ((Mental 1), Acute +1, Extended +1, Radius +1) 4pts
AP Psychometry (Super-Senses Postcognition 4) 1pts
AP Detect Thoughts (Mental 1, Acute +1, Extended +1, Radius +1) 1pts
AP Telepathy 2 (Communication [linked] Mind Reading 2/rank) 1pts
AP Commune (Comprehend Spirits 2/rank) 1pts

Psychokinetic (Dynamic) Array (20 pts) [kinetic]:
15 base points +1 Dynamic Primary +4 (2 dynamic APs) = 20 pts
* Move Object (2/rank)(Feats: Subtle +1)
* Damage (1/rank +1/rank Progress: Range)(Feats: Subtle +1)
* Impervious Force Field (Protection 1/rank, +1/rank impervious, +0/rank force field, -1/rank limited (physical)) (Feats: Subtle +1)

EQUIPMENT
Night Vision Goggles 1, Flash goggles 1, gas mask 1, Heavy pistol 8, tach vest 4

COST
Abilities [32]
Combat [6]
Saves [9]
Skills [16]
Feats [17]
Powers [40]
Drawbacks [0]
Total [120][/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Galen Maguire was a bright, observant child, but when he was eight years old, his family inherited a manor house from a distant relative. It was a beautiful home, a quiet little town, but Galen didn't adjust well. He had nightmares, mood swings, and insisted that the home was haunted. The ghosts, the voices, they wouldn't stop. Valuables gone missing, furniture destroyed. More often, more violent, and Galen continuing to insist it was the ghosts.

A series of psychiatrists and medications seemed to bring Galen under control. Galen's 'vivid imagination' was channeled into his studies, and he found a passion for science once he could leave the supernatural behind. Then, in his third year at college, The Revelation occurred. It came back in bits and pieces: the ghosts, crying and screaming and threatening. No one else could hear them, and the only way to chase them out of his head had been to lash out with the wild energies penned up inside him. Power that scared him. Power he blamed on the ghosts. But he had learned to block out the ghosts, block out the power.

And in the midst of a demonic attack on campus, all the walls Galen had built crumbled. The demon fled from the unexpected storm of debris Galen's reawakened telekinetic abilities stirred up, but many of the students were as frightened of Galen as they were the threat of Shadow. He jumped at the chance to transfer to the Bleak Stone Academy, and has devoted his time to learning to harness the powers he previously only suppressed.[/sblock]
ETA: added background

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Raven "Ray" Black-feather
Concept: Divine Trickster
Hero Points: 2

[sblock=Description]
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair: Long, Black
Skin: Tan
Ethnicity: Native American
[/sblock]

[sblock=A Navajo Legend, Circa the Mid 1990s]
Many moons ago, the elders say, Old Man Raven became tired of flying in the sky-realm then decided to take on a human guise. He wandered the human lands for many years and met Old Man Coyote in the lands of the Navajo. The old rivals had a drink and spoke about the old times and as they grew wary, Old Man Coyote suggested they rest for the night before continuing their travels. Agreeing, Old Man Raven followed his rival to a house of ill repute where the old men sought lodging for the night. Unfortunately, once at the house of ill repute, Old Man Coyote discovered he had no money, and being as they they men were too tired to travel further, Old Man Raven begrudgingly accepted to pay for his rival's stay.

Immediately, upon arriving Old Man Coyote retired to his favorite room, leaving Old Man Raven alone in the house of ill repute's bar where he spent the next hour drinking as he tried to remember the lands as they were in his youth. As he drank, Old Man Raven caught the attention of a young woman who joined Old Man Raven for conversation. In their conversation, Old Man Raven told the woman of many things, that were unseen and mysterious; of truths that were long forgotten, and yet to be revealed. Eventually, Old Man Raven grew tired, so the young woman escorted him to his room and bedded with him; for it was expected that she would.

The next morning, the woman awoke in her bed alone, unaware of when Old Man Raven had left their bed chamber. On the pillow next to where her head rested two black Raven feathers, Old Man Raven's farewell gift to her. The woman gathered the feathers, entwined them in lace and went about her way, unaware, for the moment, that she was with child.

It is unknown where Old Man Coyote and Old Man Raven traveled to after they left that house, but eventually it was said that when Old Man Raven returned to the Sky-Realm he did so knowing that his son would aid in defending the world from the Shadow that seeks to plunge all of creation into darkness. [/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Ray (Raven) Black-Feather, as he is now known, grew up as the bastard child of a exotic dancer from New Mexico and a Native American who his mother 'once dated' in her youth, a mysterious individual named 'Raven'. Unfortunately, he never learned the truth of matter, nor did he ever suspect the true irony that would result from his changing his surname to 'Black-Feather' a name he chose to honor the only artifact his mother had to remember his father by.

Prior to the Revelation, Ray was plagued by a recurring dreams featuring a large man-sized Raven who spoke to him in an ancient that the great bird was warning him about a future event that he was to prepare for obtaining his birthright and mastering 'the Sacred art of Trickery.' In preparation for this task, Ray sought out pieces of obscure tribal folklore in hope of understanding the nature of his visions and his hinted birthright. As a result of his trials, he learned the nature of his 'sacred abilities' and managed to gain some mastery over them before the world found itself confronted by the events leading to the Revelation.

Since the passing of the Revelation, Ray unwittingly brought himself to the attention of the Bleak Stone Academy as a result of his actions. Though unsure if his encounter with Bleak Stone Academy was predestined, Ray joined the academy hoping that they would help him shed light on his birthright and the unknown destiny that his visions seem to be hinting at.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Raven Black-feather
PL 8 [120pp]

Abilities (20pp)
STR 12 (+1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 12 (+1)
CHR 16 (+3)

Saves (15pp)
Tough +7 (Feat 4 + Equipment 1 + 2 con), Flatfooted +3
Ref +7 (Base 5+ 2)
Fort +7 (Base 5 + 2)
Will +6 (Base 5+ 1)

Combat (18 pp)
Knife x2: +2 dam, +4 dam (thrown),19-20 crit, piercing, 10ft range increment.

Base Attack +5, Range +8
Defense 18 (10 + Base 4 + Feat 4), Flatfooted 12

Skills 40 ranks (10pp)
Bluff 7 (+10)
Diplomacy 5 (+8)
Disguise 7 (+10)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore 1 (+2)
Knowledge: Pop Culture 1 (+2)
Knowledge: Religion 1 (+2)
Sense Motive 6 (+9)
Slight of Hand 6 (+9)
Stealth 6 (+9)

Feats (18pp)
Defense Focus 4
Defensive Roll 4
Equipment 2
Hide in Plain Sight
Jack of All Trades
Luck 1
Ranged Combat Focus 3
Throwing Mastery 2

Powers (38pp)
Divine Trickery Array 34 pp [39pp]
Illusions 6 (Divine; PF: Progression 4 (100ft); Extras: Duration 1 (Sustained), Independent, Selective Attack; Flaws: Phantasms)
AP: Concealment 8 (All visual senses; PF: Close Range, Selective; Extras: Affects Others, Area, Independent)
AP: Confuse 8: (Divine; PF: Incurable, Reversible, Extra: Area, Selective Attack)
AP: Emotion Control 8 (Divine; PF: Subtle)
AP: Morph 2: (Divine, Any form at +10 Disguise; Extra: Independent) 6pp
AP: Unfortunate Mishap: Penetrating Damage 8 (Divine, PF: Indirect; Extra: Penetrating, Perception)

Equipment (9/10ep)
Knife (x2), Leather Jacket (+1 tough),

Abilities 20pp + Saves 15pp + Combat 18pp + Skills 10pp + Feats 18pp + Powers 39pp = 120pp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Just a quick note. Mot likely, I won't have time to really go over anyone's submissions/ideas until Monday or maybe Sunday evening at the earliest.

hero4hire

Explorer
Lazarus Kincaid
dheat-55.jpg

Detective Lazarus Kincaid was a Homicide Detective in Louisiana who, while investigating a serial killer was murdered by a Houngan (Voodoo Priest) and made into a Zombie-Slave. Finally when ordered to kill his own Wife & Child he turned upon his Master, killing him.
Knowing he couldn't return to his former life he wandered, searching for a cure. Eventually he was recruited by the Artemis Foundation for his unique "talents".

PL: 8 (120 pp)

ABILITIES: STR: 26 (+8) DEX: 10 (0) CON: NA INT: 10 (0) WIS: 16 (+3) CHA: 10 (0)

SKILLS: Climb (+8), Concentration (+3), Diplomacy 5 (+5), Drive 4 (+4), Gather Info 10 (+10), Intimidate 13 (+13), Investigate 10 (+10), Kn: Streetwise 10 (+10), Notice 7 (+10), Prof: Police 4 (+7), Search 5 (+5), Sense Motive 7 (+10), Stealth 5 (+5), Survival (+3), Swim (+8)

FEATS: Attack Specialization-Heavy Pistol (1), Equipment (2), Startle

POWERS: (Power Source of Shadow)
Immunity (Fortitude) [30],
Regeneration (Recovery 9, Resurrection 1) [10]

EQUIPMENT:
Cell Phone
Heavy Pistol [9ep]

COMBAT: Attack 8 [Unarmed +8] Defense 4 (2 flat-footed) Init 0

SAVES: Toughness 12 (12 flat-footed) Fortitude NA Reflex 2 Will 13

DRAWBACKS:
Vulnerable -Fire +50% [3pp]
Weakness -Consume Flesh Once per Day or lose Cumulative -1 cha [1pp]

Abilities 12 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 4 + Powers 40 + Combat 24 + Saves 24 – Drawbacks -4 = 120 / 120

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
What you said

Lakatos Svikola

ec_8693_1267919618.post.jpg

Back in the years of the alchemists and the seek of turning lead into gold, this man, Lakatos Svikola was a renown Ukrainian alchemist.
He discovered a formula to preserve his life, and many other alchemical wonders, but the metal transformation escaped his grasp. He isolated for centuries in a mountain refugee to perfect his art. In his isolation he discover the secret of ethernal life, a magical concoction that could extend the life spawn of a person, to almost infinite. The magical formula also granted Lakatos the incredible ability to regenerate from wounds at an amazing speed.
At some point, a specter irrupted in his house, and threated to kill him. Lakatos managed to temporary disable the ghost and escape with his life. When he emerged he found the world changed. It was 1950.
There was something much more interesting to do resarch on: Shadow. Lakatos devoured the litterature on Shadow and he performed some research himself. He was able to replicate, at certain extent, some effect of shadowy energy, and designed a special salt, that kept the foul creatures away. Well, most of the time. Alright, alright, it worked sometimes.
Eventually Lakatos found out about the Artemis foundation, and decided to learn what they knew...

[sblock=
Abilities ]( 18 pp)
Strength: 10 ( 0 )
Dexterity: 12 ( 1 )
Constitution: 14 ( 2 )
Intelligence: 18 ( 4 )
Wisdom: 14 ( 2 )
Charisma: 10 ( 0 ) [/sblock]
[sblock=
Combat ]( 12 pp)
Attack Melee: 0
Attack Ranged: 11 (From Feat)
Damage melee: 10
Damage Ranged: 15 (Power)
Grapple: 0
Defense: 12(6 base, 6 dodge)
Initiative: 1 [/sblock]
[sblock=
Saves ]( 12 pp)
Toughness: 4
Fortitude: 6
Reflex: 5
Will: 6
[/sblock]

[sblock=
Skills ]( 16 pp)
1 ( 0 ) Acrobatics
0 ( 0 ) Bluff
0 ( 0 ) Climb
4 ( 0 ) Computers
10 ( 8 ) Concentration
12 ( 8 ) Craft
0 ( 0 ) Diplomacy
4 ( 0 ) Disable Device
0 ( 0 ) Disguise
1 ( 0 ) Drive
1 ( 0 ) Escape Artist
4 ( 4 ) Gather Inf
0 ( 0 ) Handle Animal
0 ( 0 ) Intimidate
4 ( 0 ) Investigate
12 ( 8 ) Knowledge (Tactics)
4 ( 4 ) Language
6 ( 4 ) Medicine
6 ( 4 ) Notice
0 ( 0 ) Perform
1 ( 0 ) Pilot
2 ( 0 ) Profession
1 ( 0 ) Ride
8 ( 4 ) Search
6 ( 4 ) Sense Motive
1 ( 0 ) Sleight of Hand
1 ( 0 ) Stealth
2 ( 0 ) Survival
0 ( 0 ) Swim [/sblock]
[sblock=
Feats ]( 35 pp)
Range attack focus ( 11 )
Evasion ( 2 )
Ultimate Effort (Saves) ( 1 )
Trance ( 1 )
Improvised tools ( 1 )
Ritualist ( 1 )
Equipment ( 1 )
Artificer ( 1 )
Power attack ( 1 )
Defensive attack ( 1 )
Accurate attack ( 1 )
Move by action ( 1 )
Master Plan ( 1 )
Well Informed ( 1 )
Edietic Memory ( 1 )
Assesment ( 1 )
Dodge focus ( 6 )
Luck ( 2 )
[/sblock]
[sblock=
Powers ] ALCHEMY ARRAY [15PP + 5AP = 20PP]
BASE EFFECT - Alchemist's Fire: Damage 5 (fire, sorcery; Extras: Explosion (+1), Range - Ranged (+1)) [15PP]
AP - Shadowbane Salts: Mind Control 8 (sorcery; Extras: Area Burst 40ft (+1); Flaws: Limited: Shadow Creatures (-1), Range - Touch (-2)) [8PP]
AP - Lakatos' Healing Potion: Healing 7 (sorcery; Power Feats: Regrowth) [15PP]
AP - Pure Hydrochloric Acid: Damage 5 (acid, sorcery; Extras: Range - Ranged (+1), Secondary Effect (+1)) [15PP]
AP - Medusa's Perfume: Transform (Flesh to Stone) 5 (sorcery; Extras: Area Burst 25ft (+1); Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Scent (-1)) [15PP]
AP - Shadow Essence: Insubstantial 3 (sorcery) [15PP]

IMMUNITY 1 (Aging) (Alchemy {Elixir of Ethernal Youth}) [1PP]

REGENERATION 9 (Bruised/Unconscious: Recovery Check 1/round (no action); Injured/Staggered: Recovery Check 1/round (no action)) (Alchemy {Elixir of Ethernal Youth}) [9PP]

TOTAL: 30PP

[/sblock]
[sblock=
Equipment]
Undercover vest Cost 4 Bonus: Tough +3
[/sblock]

Remove ads