• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Rhun

First Post
They were medium sized in 3e too...well on Krynn with the Dragonlance supplement...I enjoy that setting.

I'm pretty sure that the Krynn Minotaur being M is a holdover from AD&D, though...when they were also size M. :) The regular Minotaur has always been size L.

Insight

Adventurer
BTW, I am slowing the action down slightly so that the slower people among us can keep up with what's going on. Please don't take it that I'm not following along or anything; I could easily keep up this pace and go faster if I wanted to do so.

Almightyfoon

First Post
So a serious question, table as an improvised weapon with a larger dice size than d4. I just have this image of Barook hitting someone with their own table as the start to a bar fight, and I can't seem to banish it from my mind. If you call shenanigans, I'll stop thinking about it.

Insight

Adventurer
So a serious question, table as an improvised weapon with a larger dice size than d4. I just have this image of Barook hitting someone with their own table as the start to a bar fight, and I can't seem to banish it from my mind. If you call shenanigans, I'll stop thinking about it.

I'm not sure a table would do a TON more damage. Remember, most folks have 1 hp. I could see maybe scaling it to 1d6. Also, how big of a table are we talking about? Anything bigger than a coffee table is going to be too unwieldy to use in combat.

BTW, you could, in lieu of damage, use a table to bull rush someone, or maybe trap them under it (I'm thinking of your flipping the table idea).

Be creative!

drothgery

First Post
I'm not sure a table would do a TON more damage. Remember, most folks have 1 hp. I could see maybe scaling it to 1d6. Also, how big of a table are we talking about? Anything bigger than a coffee table is going to be too unwieldy to use in combat.

BTW, you could, in lieu of damage, use a table to bull rush someone, or maybe trap them under it (I'm thinking of your flipping the table idea).

Be creative!

Great, now I'm picturing the counter-attack, err, table-attack scene from Steven Brust's [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Guards-Steven-Brust/dp/B003NHR73K/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302218574&sr=1-1"]The Phoenix Guards[/ame]. Fortunately for the Guardsmen, Tazendra was a sorcerer :).

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
BTW, I am slowing the action down slightly so that the slower people among us can keep up with what's going on. Please don't take it that I'm not following along or anything; I could easily keep up this pace and go faster if I wanted to do so.

That's fair. I can normally post a lot during the weekdays when I am at work. Weeknights and weekends my posting generally slows down quite a bit.

Leif

Adventurer
My posting has been horribly slow today. Lots of stuff going on with work, and a fairly involved round of combat to resolve in my 4E game, too. :-S

Rhun

First Post
So guys, before I put the finishing touches on Vrashek...how does a rogue with a spiked chain work? I mean, I realize that I'd have to spend a feat to use that, but I now see that it would work as a light blade, while giving reach and some boosted damage over say a dagger.

What do you guys think?

Remove ads