• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "The Isle of Dread" - Chapter One

Leif

Adventurer
Questor, Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

Questor stays back out of the way of the big, burly door-openers. "I'd try to help, but let's face it, I'd just be in the way and get stepped on!"

Insight

Adventurer
At the Temple District (Adam, Geirgrim, and Skaros)
None of the heroes present can see anything odd about the beggar.

Adam of Brightcastle

"I have maybe a gold coin for you, if you can explain me what's going on here." Adam says from the saddle, carefully examining the man.

"Oi! A gold coin! Must be a rich adventurer, indeed!" Shabby Ken takes the gold coin from Adam and looks lovingly upon it. "Don't knows that I e'er had a whole gold coin to me name!"

Shabby Ken looks out upon the others of his ilk, wandering through the Temple District begging from other good men and women. "We're a sorry lot. Aye, that much is divine truth. We come here, to beg, to ask for what we can't earn no more. We're cursed, you see. We've got the plague. No work for us plague-bearers. Many of us were once proud merchants, soldiers, scribes, tradesmen, even priests and wizardfolk. But the plague, oi, it changed all that. Now, all we can do is beg for coin and hope ta keep away yon grim reaper for one more day. One more day o' misery."

He looks to the closest temple. "The priests tend to our sickness best as they can. But there's only so much simple priests can do. The Duke, he doesn't give a tinker's cuss about us. He just wants to keep us plague-bearers out o' sight and away from his precious nobles."

Shabby Ken looks up at Adam. "Um, shine yer greaves, then, guvna?"

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Has the many any obvious plague signs?

"Um, shine yer greaves, then, guvna?"
- Sorry, I don't understand the phrase 'shine yer greaves'.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Walking Dad: Greaves are armored shinguards basically...they cover the lower legs to the ankles and the front part of the knees. He's offering to shine them in recompense for your payment. :))

When Vrashek gets set at the door and starts to push with all his might, Astra pauses to see if it'll be enough, then scowls and aims a sharp, hard kick directly at the lock area...hoping a sudden shock might exploit a weakness that Vrashek's slow, steady pressure wasn't finding.

(I AM MIGHTY! I have a glow you cannot see!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads