Insight's "The Isle of Dread" - Chapter One

JustKim

First Post
Nafije searched her pockets for something mystical. She trusted that these dwarves wouldn't recognize a ritual if they saw it. "As I said- a good description of the item is required. It would also hurry things if you told me where you've already searched for it."

She found a bag of incense in her pocket and knit her brow. Was it really worth pouring that out and wasting it? She hoped that they would just get the answer and overpower the dwarves before it became necessary to fake a ritual casting.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Questor, Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

Rake grins. "Fair enough, then," he says. "I take you at your word, sorceress. What, then, do you need from me?"
Questor just grins at these words and says, "I'm so glad we're all just one big happy family!"

Insight

Adventurer
Nafije searched her pockets for something mystical. She trusted that these dwarves wouldn't recognize a ritual if they saw it. "As I said- a good description of the item is required. It would also hurry things if you told me where you've already searched for it."

She found a bag of incense in her pocket and knit her brow. Was it really worth pouring that out and wasting it? She hoped that they would just get the answer and overpower the dwarves before it became necessary to fake a ritual casting.

OOC: Go ahead and make a Bluff check.

Leif

Adventurer
Questor, Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

Questor is totally fooled by Nafije's bluff, and moves to assist in some small way with the ritual casting, by lighting a candle, passing ingredients, making chalk drawings, or whatever. "Oh, I just love this thrilling magical operation stuff!"

Insight

Adventurer
Inside the Secret Passage: Cassi, Nafije, Astra, Questor, and Vrashek

OOC: Edited for Bluff check

Questor is totally fooled by Nafije's bluff, and moves to assist in some small way with the ritual casting, by lighting a candle, passing ingredients, making chalk drawings, or whatever. "Oh, I just love this thrilling magical operation stuff!"

"Well, ain't that fancy!" Rake exclaims. "All right." He gets closer to Nafije. She can smell the dwarf sweat and cheap local bourbon on his breath. "Now, ah, we shouldn't really be revealing all this but... if it'll save us some time."

"Very well. We were sent down here to find this shard. It's like... a piece of a clay jar or something. Supposedly, something's written on the inside of it. Heck if I know how you write on the inside of a clay jar. Anyway, this fellow who wrote this whatever-it-is on the inside of the jar owes my boss a lot of gold. Apparently, this shard is very valuable."

Rake leans in even closer, giving Nafije a good whiff of his particular scent. He whispers. "I reckon the thing oughta be about a foot long and maybe six inches wide. The outside of the clay jar was painted orange and black. That's honestly about all I know."

Insight

Adventurer
After The Jump...
OOC: All of the PCs are now together again.

The group that passed through Specularum's underbelly has emerged in the Temple District and has been reunited with the rest of their compatriots.

The sewers group has learned that Rory Barbarossa is indeed still alive and has spent the last few years being hunted down by his enemies. It turns out that he owes a great deal of money to the Veiled Society. They kidnapped Barbarossa and are holding him somewhere in Specularum. The Veiled Society were the ones seeking Barbarossa's map, which is rumored to be painted on the inside of an ancient clay vase.

If he can be found and freed, Rory Barbarossa would be able to provide details on how to get to the Isle of Dread. Without him, the heroes would be hard pressed to find a navigator who can find the place or a sea captain willing to go there.

Rhun

First Post
"Well, it looks like we will be facing the Veiled Society, if we wish to free Barbarossa. It is time for the hunters to become the hunter."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Skaros continues to sip the dark drink he had ordered while waiting. I have means to find one lost... but only if we are close. If we know roughly where Barbarosa is kept, my magic can guide the way.
OOC: If we know w/in 5mi Barbarosa's location, Lesser Planar Ally can find him. I assume we don't know that yet.

Remove ads