Insight's "The Isle of Dread" - Chapter One

Shayuri

First Post
"We might do better finding the map in the vase," Astra comented. "If we have that, then the Veiled Society will come to us, at which point it will be a simple matter to track them back to their source."

Leif

Adventurer
Questor, Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

"Whatever you folks think is just peachy with me! I'm just having a blast being on an adventure again, so I'm up for doing whatever makes the mostest the happiest." Questor is awfully cute, but damn he is an annoying little git sometimes!

Insight

Adventurer
At The Temple District (Everyone)
The heroes briefly discuss what they have learned during their separation. It is determined that the following facts regarding Rory Barbarossa are at least fairly solid:

1. Rory Barbarossa is alive and around 60-70 years old
  2. Rory Barbarossa is the same person who wrote that journal you found
  3. During the past five years, Rory Barbarossa got into some serious gambling debt
  4. Barbarossa's gambling debt was "purchased" by the Veiled Society for unknown reasons
  5. When Barbarossa failed to pay his debt, he was captured/kidnapped from his home along the canal
  6. For some reason, the Veiled Society has an interest in finding a map Barbarossa painted on the inside of a clay vessel

Note that this information comes from the dwarves that were digging in the sewers. More information could become available through other (and possibly more reliable) sources.

Leif

Adventurer

Questor opines, "If we know already then I guess I've forgotten in all of our excitement and hubbub, but just why are we trying to find this island, anyway?" Questor means well, you hope, but it is readily apparent that he is going to need extensive assistance in remaining 'on task' during the mission.

Rhun

First Post
"Excitement and adventure, of course," answers Vrashek. "And the chance to discover ancient, hidden treasures, of course."

Leif

Adventurer

"Cures, Treasure, Fun, and Excitement! Count me in, then! And thanks, guys."

JustKim

First Post
Nafije weighed the information carefully while she passed seeds and dried fruit to her familiar, Goldie. Every so often she nibbled on a pinch herself. "Whoever hired those dwarves signed their name as Vas. Since the note was written in Dwarven, Vas may be short for a dwarf name. There we have one lead back to the Veiled Society."

"If they think Mr. Barbarossa hid the urn somewhere careless, they may also be searching his home. But even if we don't find them there, we may find something."

Scotley

Hero
"There are a lot of veiled society types on the streets. We could try and capture one and try and make them tell us where their lair is?"

Last edited:

Remove ads