D&D 4E Int for Druids

Leeder

First Post
Hello! I require suggestions about using Intelligence as the secondary stat for a wild-shape druid (of Wrath). I've seen that in the Druid handbook by alien270. Especially when he mentioned the Primal Wrath option of the Primal Aspect class feature and was talking about Shadminds as a viable race. But how? Do you know how is that possible?

Tony Vargas

Legend
Other major weaknesses of this aspect are a complete lack of feat support and no build-specific riders. Interestingly, this serves to open up Int as a possible secondary ability

I think all that's saying is you can take a WIS/INT race, and maintain your AC/REF using INT instead of DEX, since none of the Wrath build's stuff keys of DEX (or anything else, apparently?), unlike the other builds, and Wrath build does want you to stick to light armor.

INT instead of DEX is not otherwise much of a proposition unless you MC or Hybrid or something to bring in a power or few that use INT, or your party has DEX skills covered but lacks INT skills, or the like. DEX was still das uberstat even in 4e, with AC/REF, more & more-useful skills, and, of course, Initiative....

Last edited:

Leeder

First Post
I think all that's saying is you can take a WIS/INT race, and maintain your AC/REF using INT instead of DEX, since none of the Wrath build's stuff keys of DEX (or anything else, apparently?), unlike the other builds, and Wrath build does want you to stick to light armor.

INT instead of DEX is not otherwise much of a proposition unless you MC or Hybrid or something to bring in a power or few that use INT, or your party has DEX skills covered but lacks INT skills, or the like. DEX was das uberstat even in 4e, with AC/REF, more & more useful skills, and, of course, Initiative....
Oh, I didn't think about that. That makes sense, although in 4e Wild Shape does not change the physical stats, so putting more in Dex seems much more logical. But thank you! I was suspecting I just missed something, a feature or something like that...

Vael

Legend
Because of how 4e defenses are done, you are disincentived from pushing both stats for a defense. So pushing both Int and Dex is not a great idea, but either is viable. So you can make a Wisdom and Intelligence focused Druid and not lose out on AC and Reflex.

Remove ads