D&D 5E [INTEREST CHECK] The Curse of Amberstar

Archon Basileus

First Post
Would something like the Warforged from the Eberron Unearthed Arcana be acceptable?

Acceptable? No,it would be very welcome!

Part of the setting depends on how common - or secret - automation is. A Warforged would be at least a treasure, if not a necessity, for anyone seeking to expand technology in a world thus far timid on the field.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...since warforged have a trait where they shut down instead of bleeding out when they're at 0 HP, if I remember right...a damaged warforged could theoretically be repaired enough to function after many years of inaction.

I'm thinking the character begins with very little understanding of the world, or itself...essentially a 'cold reboot,' losing everything beyond the basic ability to move and speak.

Still mulling class, but I like the idea of using the magic rules to approximate built-in technology. Energy blasts and defensive effects and so on.

An eldritch knight would be a possibility, for example.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Still mulling class, but I like the idea of using the magic rules to approximate built-in technology. Energy blasts and defensive effects and so on.

An eldritch knight would be a possibility, for example.

Sounds consistent and interesting!

What would you like from us at this point?

Well, race, class and a general idea of character's origins, as well as the reasons that led to join the exploring party. Two lines will suffice. After that, sheets, of course. :)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yttrian.png
Well, for a while I've been looking for an opportunity to play the picture above, which in part led to my question about technology. Mechanically I'd probably just call it a crossbow, but that's just details.

Thinking about an elf fighter.
A young elf slave was taken along on the ill-fated expedition to the sanctum as a porter. He escaped from captivity before they reached their destination, liberating supplies and equipment from the army as he left. After securing his freedom, he tracked the army, planning a rescue of his fellow captives (including his own family). But finding only the army's savaged remains, he fled into the wilderness. Now, decades later he is a seasoned warrior who hears word an expedition to Teraphim Sanctum, and seeks to join under false pretenses. He wants to return to face his own demons and, if possible, discover the truth of his family's fate and the disaster that struck the army that day.

Shayuri

First Post
You know, I have this weird idea of making the character a Pact of the Blade warlock.

But that might not work too well with the existing Patrons. The idea would be he's not really a 'warlock' but we'd use the existing warlock mechanics to describe the character's abilities. But the existing warlock patrons have abilities that are a bit odd for a machine.

Maybe stick with the eldritch knight. Hurm.

hafrogman

Adventurer
You know, I have this weird idea of making the character a Pact of the Blade warlock.

But that might not work too well with the existing Patrons. The idea would be he's not really a 'warlock' but we'd use the existing warlock mechanics to describe the character's abilities. But the existing warlock patrons have abilities that are a bit odd for a machine.
Depending on how Archon Basileus feels about the UA, the Seeker patron might make an interesting choice. Less of a patron and more of a program? You were programmed to travel and amass information for return to a central intelligence (That no long exists? Or does it?)

https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA Non-Divine Faithful SFG.pdf

industrygothica

Adventurer
I think I'd like to go outside my typical wheelhouse and go wizard this time. Maybe a gnome from the desecrated woods surrounding the area. Probably a necromancer. Might take a couple levels of druid just to make things interesting. What's the starting level?

-IG

Remove ads