• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interior military maps

ubdu

First Post
Does anyone know where I can get maps (in any game setting) for modern military bases/buildings? I'm looking for at least a missile silo.

So far I have found content in Weekend Warriors from 12 To Midnight, and Wizard's own Critical Locations. Can anyone point me towards any other books?

Thanks in advance.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Missile Silos you aren't going to find many maps of. You might be able to find an internet site or something, I know there are a couple old silos converted to museums. But for the most part you don't really see maps of military facilities distributed that way for security reasons.

EDIT: But most of the structures on military bases aren't really very different from civilian buildings in layout and construction. And special purpose structures like missile silos aren't going to have easily obtainable maps so you might as well make it up.

You might tray googling for maps of historical sites like old Nike missile batteries or coast artillery sites ... you can probably pick up maps of 40s and 50s-era installations. (Check out the SF-88L site in the Golden Gate Recreation Area in Google Maps -- it's an old restored Nike-Herc site.)

I certainly hope you can't get modern missile installation maps. And any other building, unless it is mounted on giant springs inside Cheyenne Mountain, is just another boring government building.

Festivus

First Post
I want to say that in the old 1970's Top Secret game there was a whole evil lair, complete with a missile silo. Someone tell me I am right on this... I haven't looked at it since the 70's

weem

First Post
There are some good images out there. Another search term to try is "missile silo cutaway".

Anyway, the images got my creative juices flowin so I decided to quickly try my hand at one level of a missile silo (after looking over some images). The color circles are just pipes/cables coming up/down through the floor, and of course there are stairs there with the missile in the middle.

I may try my hand at a whole facility - we'll see...

silo_map_sample.jpg

weem

First Post
@ubdu

So far I have found content in Weekend Warriors from 12 To Midnight, and Wizard's own Critical Locations. Can anyone point me towards any other books?

By the way, did any of these specifically contain a missile silo of any kind? Obviously you came here asking for one, so I would assume not - but it's possible they have one (or more) that you were simply not into.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads