Into the Dragon's Maw (Adventure)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Ridiculous. Spend another d8 - [roll0].

OOC: And one more. Honestly I've never understood the "you can spend another die after you see the roll" rule , but I'm getting it now!.

[roll]1d8[/roll].

[sblock=Lakeover hp=81/87]
Hp: 81/87 (12d8) Spent: 4d8
AC: 20 (disadvantage on attacks until hit, per turn [Displacement Cloak])
Move: 35
Init: +2
Spells: 4.3.3.3.1.1.0.0.0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
OOC: Okay, gang. I feel like I need to push things to make sure the game keeps going. Let's just move on and we'll see if we still have everybody. If need be, I'll either NPC those who are missing or we'll just assume that they fled the dragon(s?). You really have two avenues available to you. If you have some magical hoodoo, you could conceivably fly up the waterfall into whatever chamber is up there or the path goes off to the bottom right of the map. Let me know how you proceed (stealth, scouting, or whatnot) and we'll see if we can't finish this adventure.

[section]"I can make my hands sticky. Feet, too. How's about I sticky myself up, then climb up that bit of rock by the waterfall. See what I can see?" Pell offered to scout, pausing to see if anyone wished to accompany him. Or offer helpful magicks. He muttered an incantation under his breath, embarrassed to be doing so in view of others, then moved to approach the waterfall to pick out his ley lines.[/section]

OOC: Pell casts spider climb on himself, and climbs up the rock wall by the waterfall in whatever way seems safest. Will climb stealthily and try to pause at the top to poke his head over the edge to get a look at what lies beyond. Stealth [roll0]. Perception [roll1]

[sblock=68/75 hp]Hit Dice 7d8 used of 12d8
AC 15
Initiative +6
Darkvision 60’
Speed 30’
Passive Perception 17
Investigation +8
Perception +7
Stealth +9
Action: Shortsword +2 (“Flick”), 1d20+10, 1d6+6 piercing, finesse, light
Bonus Action: Shortsword (“Swish”), 1d20+8, 1d6, piercing, finesse, light

Spellcasting:
Spell save DC 16
Spell attack modifier +8
Cantrips (4): mage hand, fire bolt (10), minor illusion, prestidigitation
Spells Known (8): sleep (3), color spray (3), grease (3), silent image (4), invisibility (7), spider climb (8), blur (10), disguise self (11)
1st lvl (4 slots)
2nd lvl (3 slots)[/sblock]

Matthan

Explorer
Pell: You climb up between the two waterfalls to get a glimpse at the ledge above. As you peek over the edge, you notice there are no light sources up here and that the part of the cavern you are looking at is absolutely massive. You can see parts of the ceiling at the edge of your vision, but you note that the ceiling is not uniform with many parts seeming beyond your sight. On the ground, you see several large stalagmites jutting up from the ground each over 10' in height. The two waterfalls are the result of two rivers that you cannot make out the origin of. They look to range from 4 and 5 feet in width and probably 3 to 4 feet in depth.

You can tell there is much more to the cavern beyond your vision.

OOC: *Edit* I have a map that will help with this that I'll put up on Roll20. It will probably have to wait until Monday since I need my other computer to edit the image file. Hopefully the above gives you a sense of what you're seeing. No dragon spotted yet.

Pell paused to make certain no foe was in the area, then scrabbled as quietly as he could up the rock wall. Rather than stand up, he rolled himself away from the lip of the waterfall, and laid in place for a long half minute, his eyes scanning the cavern. He tried to judge the ceiling height, as well as the width and depth of the cavern. The stalagmites would make useful cover for Lakeover, he decided. If he detected nothing, Pell stood and darted the closest stalagmite and tried to get a better look at his new bearings.

OOC: Not sure how many stealth and perception rolls you'll require, so here is another set just in case (with double rolls for Stealth in case you decide to grant advantage or require disadvantage): Stealth [roll0] (dis)advantage [roll1]. Perception [roll2]

Matthan

Explorer
OOC: You are successfully staying hidden, but I am going to advance you a little further in so you can get a sense of the area without waiting any longer. The map is updated on Roll20. Only Pell is on the map. The circle is Pell's field of vision (should be accurate within a square or so). The black square you see is the dragon (which may not be to scale yet)

As Pell dashes from pillar to pillar, more of the room becomes clear. There are several more spots where water is falling in a column from the ceiling to feed the shallow streams, but more importantly in the back corner of the room, Pell makes out what looks to be an absolutely colossal mound of treasure and what appears to be a very large dragon curled up and sleeping on top of it.

Last edited:

Pell quickly noted the locations of as many stalagmites, stalactites, waterfalls, and paths leading up here as he could, then turned tail and ghosted back down the cliff face to rejoin the others. The dragon and its huge treasure pile unnerved the young half-orc; he was somewhat breathless as he quickly told the others what he'd seen. He finished with, ". . .and the ceiling is very high, well beyond the limit of my vision in places."

OOC: Trying to be expedient about rejoining the group so others don't have to wait, while also noting as many terrain features as possible.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Ignis

[section]"Outstanding achievement, Pell."
The Genasi lit up, "This one calculated your success rate as minimal," a thin crack upturned into a genuine smile upon the wizard's face, "I determine my error as...satisfactory."

To the rest of the group, "Suggestions?"
[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Ignis (Wizard) 12th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +0
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 30'

Str 10, Dex 14 +2, Con 18 +4,Int 20 +5, Wis 10, Cha 8 -1

AC: 19 (Elven chain(Chain Shirt+1)=14+Staff of power+2, Dex+2, Cloak of protection +1)
HP 92/98

In Hand:Staff of Power(15/20 charges)
Off Hand:

spell slots: 1st 4(4), 2nd- 3(3), 3rd 3(3), 4th 3(3), 5th 2(2), 6th 1(1)

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases