• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the New World, Chapter 1: Amongst the Verdant Towers

Dire Lemming

First Post
Enko, ignores Thane completely. Primarily because he is concentrated on Artimisia, and secondarily because he has no idea what the hunter is talking about.

Zurai

First Post
Hesitantly he approaches Artimisia and greets her. "Hi... Artimisia. So... what do you think of this, huh?"

You catch Artemisia just as she begins to leave the town square. She looks over her shoulder at you and says simply, "I think bad times are coming. The anger of the mountain spirit is an ill omen. I hope to be able to appease it. I would have gone alone, even without the Elders' call. I am ... grateful that I will not have to go alone."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Enko smiles nervously as he replies, "Oh, of course. Me too. You... wouldn't have had to go alone. I mean... I would have gone with you... if you asked." he blushes as he realizes how silly he must sound.

Zurai

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Enko smiles nervously as he replies, "Oh, of course. Me too. You... wouldn't have had to go alone. I mean... I would have gone with you... if you asked." he blushes as he realizes how silly he must sound.

She shakes her head and begins to walk away again. "I would not have asked anyone." She walks for a few paces, then slows and turns. "Still. You did choose to come, and not because of me. Don't think I didn't notice the weaver's daughter calling you over. Maybe..." You can't quite make out her face in the darkness, but her voice is wistful. "I would welcome you to walk with me a ways. You are a spirit-talker, yes? The one blessed by the Blackfrond. Perhaps you will understand where others have not..."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Enko lets out a disapointed sigh as she starts to leave that is suddenly cut short when she turns and adresses him again. "Of course-" Enko starts to answer without thinking, then pauses. Whatever she means to ask of him, it is obviously something important to her that requires his aid as a spirit talker. "Er, Yes. I'll... walk with you."

Zurai

First Post
Artemisia waits for you to catch up, then turns and resumes walking towards her cabin on the outskirts of town. She begins talking hesitantly, then more fervently as she gains confidence. "Have you ever felt ... felt like there was something ... waiting for you? Calling you? Not something evil or dangerous ... it's almost like ... there's a purpose out there, waiting for me to find it." She walks for a bit longer in silence, then stops and turns to face you.

"Pantheras thinks I'm delusional, that I'm just searching for some reason to abandon the village. I swear I'm not! Just before the mountain exploded this afternoon, I felt ... it almost felt like I was drowning. Whatever happened with the mountain spirit, something caused it - and as soon as it happened, I knew that this was my purpose." She looks straight at you, but it's almost like she's looking through you at something ... beyond.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Enko at first begins to offer some shallow words of reasurance, but he holds himself in, and thinks carefully about her words. "It... it seems like the urge to leave the village is farely common. Erin and Alistia, the weaver's daughter, and the baker's daughter, they too have felt that way, but I am not sure if they have ever even been to one of the farms. For you to feel like that, it really is strange. I believe you though. I do. What you felt when the mountain exploded... it sounds like you heard a spirit. Have you spoken with Pantheras about this new feeling?"

(OOC: Is there anything Enko can do to commune with the spirits and maybe learn something else about Artimisia's feeling?)

Zurai

First Post
Your words seem to shake her out of whatever reverie she was in. "What use would it be? Everyone knows that the spirits either bless a child or leave it be. No one not born with their blessing has ever been able to hear them. He would never believe me." She shifts her focus to you, then suddenly falters. It's hard to tell under starlight, but you almost think she's blushing. "I think ... I think I need to be alone now. To think. Thank ... thank you for walking with me. Perhaps we can talk more later. On the journey. Spirits be with you!"

And with that, she turns and runs down the hill toward her home, her waist-length black hair billowing out behind her.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Uh, if you eve-" Enko pauses once again. She's far too far away by now to hear a normal voice "Great job, Enko." He mutters to himself as he turns and heads for home. "She ran away from you, and you weren't even trying anything." He looks back and sighs. Maybe I can still do something to help. I should talk to Pantheras... Well, I'll just make sure he's not busy first... Enko changes course and heads for Pantheras' home.

Remove ads