Into the New World, Chapter 1: Amongst the Verdant Towers

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Enko and Ryon]"Uh..." Enko glances confusedly at Ryon before realizing that he has no more idea what's going on. "Uh... I've got some trail rations... but we've been saving those for when we can't find anything to hunt... Um... Are you a... spirit?"[/sblock]

Lorthanoth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, I seem to only intermittently receive updates from ENWorld...

Alistia considers their situation... and ponders... and thinks...

"Are there any er... vines or something?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=OOC]YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! Enko would have been so sad to lose Alistia. Also, yeah, don't rely on the emails. ENWorld is really screwed up and tends to stop sending them for long amounts of time for no apparent reason.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"A wolf can't climb vines," Erin sighs. "We could find a log...or cut a tree down. I expect he could probably climb up a tree trunk as long as it was...at an angle...like a ramp..."

She demonstrates by holding her arm at a forty-five degree angle.

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Enko and Ryon]Brann cocks his head to the side. "A spirit? An' what'd make ye think that? I'm Brann mac Llyg, an' that's all ye need t' know about me fer now." He pauses briefly, eyes darting to your pouches and packs. "I sure am mighty hungry. I'd take it as a true favor if ye'd let me have a bite o' yer trailbread." He licks his lips subconsciously and you note that his tongue is bright red and pointed.[/sblock][sblock=Erin, Alistia, and Cleyra]After a bit of foraging, you manage to find a log long enough and sturdy enough to serve as a ramp. You have to excavate the edge of the pit a bit in order to get the slope of the tree trunk shallow enough for Growl to climb up it, but after about a half hour he finally heaves himself up out of the pit and collapses at your feet.

Now that you can see him at close range, it's very clear that it is indeed a small arrow embedded in his flank, and you can also see wounds along his back and haunches that are clearly not bites or claw marks. His fur is caked and matted with blood. Examining the arrow more closely, it is made of a silvery colored wood and its fletching is made from iridescent feathers the like of which you've never seen before. The arrowhead is lodged solidly in one of the powerful muscles along Growl's flank, and the blood that wells slowly out of the wound appears dark and tainted.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Enko and Ryon]Enko sighs, "Alright alright." He starts fishing around in his satchel for a ration to share with the little man, he breaks off a breaks off a goodly chunk of bread and approaches to give it to him. "Um, Brann? You wouldn't happen to have seen a woman named Artimisia come by here would you have? She's about this tall, and she has black hair, down to her waist and she's... really beautiful. We were following her."

OOC: Of course Enko would describe her eye color, what she was wearing, and other pertinent information about her that he wouldn't be embarrassed to recite as well but I can't remember it and I think the only description of her is in the recruitment thread.[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Enko and Ryon]Brann's eyes light up when Enko pulls out the bread, and he darts forward and snatches the proferred hunk out of your hand, stuffing it into his mouth in quite unseemly haste. "Ahh. 'Twas a modest repast, grudgingly given, but a kindness all the same. I like ye, so I'll tell ye a bit o' prattle ye be needing to know. Ye aren't where ye think ye are. Ye be in the Fey realms now. You've passed beyond the Veil on a Straight Track to the heart of the Summer Court. That means nought to ye, I'm sure, but know ye these three things:

Firstly, e'en the most gracious of the People here will prove fell to those greedy or rude, and e'en the most vicious will return respect with respect. Gifts an' insults must both be repaid in kind.

Secondly, neither eat nor drink save what ye brought with ye. The fruit of the Fey Realm is ev'ry bit as subtle and tricksy as its People.

And finally, and above all else, stay on the Path. The Path will always go where ye need to go, though the route be long and may take its own time to bring ye there.

Now, because ye will forget, or stray, or be tricked from your proper course, I'll teach ye this rhyme. Thrice you may call it, and if I hear I will come to aid as best I am able. Call it a fourth time, and ye owe me a debt, which I shall surely reclaim. Ready?"
Here he waits for a moment, then in a singsong voice, intones,

"Come Brann of Llyg, Come Brann of Llyg,
By branch and bough and tinder twig."

He cocks his head at you again, and says in his normal voice, "Now I've done as I've been asked, and I bid ye both good day. The one ye seek ye shall find, all in good time. Remember, follow the Path! And now I'll be off, as I came, in hop and a pop a burst of flame." And he spins twice on his heels and is consumed into a column of flame that vanishes as quickly as it began, leaving nothing but a faint scorch mark on the ground where Brann of Llyg once stood.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Enko and Ryon]"Wait what abou- Gah!!!" Enko covers his face as Brann apparently spontaneously combusts. He stares at the spot where the little man once stood, his mouth agape and his expression blank. For several seconds he remains that way, completely oblivious to everything around him. Finally, his eyes start to hurt and he blinks, and turns to Ryon. "...Please... please tell me you saw and heard that too and I'm not just completely insane. Did he just... explode?" He shakes his head, trying to make sense of any of it. "He said... said that rhyme... then... The path... follow the path and I'll find Artimisia. Right." His expression slowly becomes one of determination as he speaks, and he looks down the long straight seemingly endless path through the brush. "Come on. Let's go. Remember to be polite."

The young Spirit Shaman starts down the path again at a quicker pace than before, but continues to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

OOC: Good lord! We've entered.... 4E!!! Hm, that or the realm of Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness.[/sblock]

WarShrike

First Post
[SBLOCK=Enko and Ryon]
"Saw what?" says Ryon innocently, "i didn't see anything. But lead on, and remember, stay on the path."
[SBLOCK=ooc]
That had a hint of Tom Bombadil, didn't it?
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
"Cleyra?" Erin asks slowly as she sees the extent of the wound. "Uh...do you know anything about healing, because...I don't. And this looks really bad. Should we take the arrow out?"

Inwardly she can't help but admire those feathers though. Look at how the colors move and shift...if I could find the bird...or better yet, some eggs...we could practically coin our own money!

Remove ads