Introducing Enlightened Grognard

amnuxoll

First Post
Thank you animus, wiseblood and Grimstaff. I'm glad to hear the positive reviews. I've been holding my breath.

If there are particular things you like or dislike I'd like know.

:AMN:

Animus

Explorer
Thank you animus, wiseblood and Grimstaff. I'm glad to hear the positive reviews. I've been holding my breath.

If there are particular things you like or dislike I'd like know.

Well after skimming the doc I am even more impressed. It's not 4e or 3.5, it's not IH or Pathfinder; but yet it's all of them at once. You seem to have a good feel for what is fun.

BTW, this is Ron. We played some LG together in Michigan ;).

P.S. Can we see some example characters? That would be great.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Will future releases have a monsters chapter? I realize that'd be a ton of work, but as it stands now using d20 monsters in EG wouldn't be something you could do on the fly (notwithstanding the conversion notes in chapter 12).

amnuxoll

First Post
Will future releases have a monsters chapter? I realize that'd be a ton of work, but as it stands now using d20 monsters in EG wouldn't be something you could do on the fly (notwithstanding the conversion notes in chapter 12).

For what it's worth, conversion really is close to trivial. I ran one playtest using Pathfinder's Kingmaker and had very little monster conversion to do at all. Most of the time I just ran them as written using the trick of creating defenses by "taking 10" on the saving throws.

The DM who is running my current playtest group hasn't talked to me much about what he's doing since I'm one of the players but I get the impression his experience is the same because he has yet to ask me a single question about how to do conversion. He's having fun building up some creative fully-statted NPCs too.

However, I realize that it's handy to have pre-stated monsters around. I have a stat block format already done. What I'm debating is whether I should
a) convert the SRD monsters
or
b) write an adventure path (which would come with stat blocks)

Which would make you more inclined to give EG a try?

Last edited:

Remove ads