• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invasion. Gathering of Heroes (February 1930)

Voda Vosa

First Post
----------Percy Ambleton-Smythe----------​

"You are mate, of course you are." replies Ben with a smile, taking the whistle.
Timothy takes the whistle as well and nods affirmatively to Percy. "Take care out there sir"

Both Pery and Ben make their way to the warehouse.
There are several boats, from tiny, one person boats, to bigger vessels for cargo transportation around the world. Warehouses spawn near the docks, people coming and going from them, to the boats, carrying fish full crates and sacks of products, to store in the warehouses. There are some vehicles for cargo transportation, some oil tanks for petrol oil and the like.
Long's warehouse is easy to locate, apparently similar to the others. There doesn't seem to be anyone coming or going from this particular warehouse.
From a safe distance, Pery and Ben studies the warehouse. There is a front door, and a side door, the main door is a two sided one. Over it is a big L and the shield of arms of Long's family. As the officers look out a bit, the door opens and a small cargo truck left to one of the big ships. As the door swings closed again, Percy sees a guard inside, armed with a long rifle.

--------------Dr. George Wilkinson-------------

Andrade seems to be fighting with the holster of his gun, which lets George get out of the car and reach for his gun in the trunk, load it and raise it just to look at the expressionless face of Andrare, aiming at him with his pistol. The shot came through the window and hit George in his left shoulder, not deadly but hurting.
He repeats "I must kill Doctor George Wilkinson" from inside the car,

[sblock=Initiative and conditions]
16 George 30/36
14 Andrade

Pistol shot: 14 vs AC hit for 6 dmg[/sblock]

ThWatcher

First Post
George 30/36

George, being behind the car, will duck down out of sight and move to position L8. From there he'll peek around the edge of the car and shoot Andrare when he gets out of the car(Readied Action)

(OOC: Using car for cover{hoping for 9/10 cover = +10 defense})

Attack, round 2 (1d20+2=3)

(OOC: Oh, no! A natural 1. Assuming you run fumbles the same way as crits, here's the 'chance of fumble' roll.)
Attack, round 2, Fumble Chance (1d20+2=12)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Well that's a shame, I kind of liked the bugger. Oh well..." Jasper says to himself as he checks the pockets of the person finding a wallet and checking the I.D "Franklin Thompson, at least you will be able to see your kid and have a funny story to boot." Jasper begins undressing him and replacing his own clothes with Franklin's Chefs outfit. Once the clothing was replaced perfectly Jasper duct tapes Franklin's mouth shut and zip ties his hands and feet. Jasper then loads his gun looks at himself at the mirror, adjusts his hat and then walks out of the bathroom.

When Jasper leaves he makes a beelines towards the man at the door with a new idea in mind.

[sblock]
Thanks for clarifying, didin't want to kill the guy :heh:
Is it okay that I ddin't role a search check because i intended that he took 20 and thought it would be enough?
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Er, "zip ties," also known as cable ties, weren't invented until 1958. Duct tape wasn't invented until 1942. Just FYI. Remember we are pre-WWII here. More likely Jasper gagged him with a kerchief and tied him up with twine or telephone wire.

Waller inspects the luger very carefully to make certain it isn't loaded. (I assume you meant there is no safety.) He sniffs the gun to check if it has been recently fired or if it was just unloaded. He then places it underneath his jacket on his backside. He can always use it later should he need to.

Upon opening the back door and seeing a machine gun, Waller is quite surprised. (I assume you mean an actual machine gun, and not a hand-held sub-machine gun. If not, let me know, as Waller will probably grab a sub-machine gun.) He looks through to armor to see if any of it is light (he is proficient with light armor). If so, he will take a few moments to put it on as long as it is in good condition. He also nabs a helmet.

When he notices the foot prints leading to the crates, Waller is intrigued. He carefully moves over to the crates, pistol in hand, then quickly removes the cloth. He holds his pistol out, ready to fire at a moment's notice in case anyone is hiding behind the crates or underneath the cloth. If the area is clear, he begins examining the crates (take 20 for 22 total). He looks to see if he can find any writing (he can read German, English, French, and Russian) to indicate what might be inside. If there is no writing, he will tap on them to see if they are hollow or full. If, after careful examination, he does not believe they are trapped, he will search for a crowbar or other implement to crack open the crates and find out what's inside.

Voda Vosa

First Post
--------------Dr. George Wilkinson-------------​

Goerge ducks down, and Andrade is unable to see him. The man gets down from the car, and doesn’t look surprised when George points at him and pulls the trigger. The surprised is George, when the gun stuck. Frustrated, the scientists hits it against the pavement until it works again. Unfortunately, it’s too late to shot it. However, Andrade is quite able to do so, and quite proficient at the task, as his shot takes George at eh forearm (-5 hp)

[sblock=Initiative and conditions]
16 George 25/36
14 Andrade

Pistol shot: 24 vs AC hit for 5 dmg[/sblock]

----------Jasper 'Quicksilver' Mortello----------​

Jasper quickly dresses himself again, this time as the man he just knocked off tided and gagged.
He walks towards the man on the door, who eyes him suspiciously.
OOC: Airwalkrr is right, no duct tape or zip ties. Remember you are in the time of Al Capone, the dry law, post WWI, Dick Tracy. Oh, and two disguise rolls please.
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/Dick Tracy 3.jpg

----------------Waller Ackermann---------------​

Waller notices that the gun was shot several times, before taking it. Examining the stuff in the back part of the truck, he finds a set of light armor, similar to the Chemico Body Armor Waller has saw during his days in the front. Those armors were primary used by British troops, but after the war, they’ve generalized. It offers little protection against bullets, but better than none. He puts the spiked helmet and then, follows the footprints.
Searching among the wooden boxes, reveal a trapdoor under the crates. It has been used recently.

OOC: Make three Str checks to move the heavy crates off the trapdoor, if you want to open it.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Ah, so this is where they've gone," Waller says quietly to himself as he discovers the trap door. Still, the blood worries him so he stays alert.

He bends down and listens to the floor near the trapdoor.

Listen: 11
Probably not good enough to hear whispering, but possibly good enough to hear normal conversation.

If he hears any voice he recognizes, he calls out, "Guten Tag! It's me, Waller. Can you hear me?"

Whether he hears a familiar voice or not, he will holster his pistol and push the crates aside (he can push up to 875 lbs/397 kg without difficulty so I don't see much need for a Strength roll). He then opens the trap door carefully, pistol out, just in case there is someone being held hostage by hostile forces.

Remove ads