• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invisible Blade Question

(I sincerely hope this is the right forum for this.)

I'm playing a CA ninja (Level 3 human, Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise, and Improved Feint) and came upon a thread suggesting that the Invisible Blade PrC would dovetail nicely with the ninja. Then I read the requirements and said....

WHAT??

Weapon Focus: Dagger. This makes sense.

But Far Shot and Point Blank shot? Seriously, is this a typo? Can someone explain why two ranged weapon feats are prerequisites for a "silently egotistical gladiator" specializing in small knives? And don't say, "Because you can throw daggers," because while that is true for normal daggers, you can't throw kukris or punching daggers.

Has anyone else had issue with this before? If so, how did you deal with it?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Originally, Invisible Blade and Master Thrower were a single 10-level PrC. The prereqs for Invisible Blade didn't get updated when the abilities were parsed out into two 5-level PrCs.

The author had an alternate prereq set available somewhere...

Cheers, -- N

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Welcome to the forums! I'll slide this into the Rules forum.

If I remember correctly, this was an error introduced after the author submitted the text. With luck, someone will recall what the alternative feats were that the author suggested.

Satori

First Post
The Complete Warrior Invisible Blade is a chopped version of the original 10 level class.

Click here for the original

http://www.wakinglands.com/htm_files/prestige_classes_invisible_blade.htm

When they cut the class down to five levels, they did some screwy things with the prereqs. The author of the original class wrote a post about what he'd recommend for the real prereqs to be.

http://boards1.wizards.com/archive/index.php/t-147421.html

http://boards1.wizards.com/printthread.php?t=312830

Hope that helps!

RainOfSteel

Explorer
Satori said:
The Complete Warrior Invisible Blade is a chopped version of the original 10 level class.

Click here for the original [...]
I will just throw in a general thank you for those links. I had a player running an Invisible Blade in a 3.0 campaign a few years ago, and I think he will get a kick out of reading the "original" version.

Micro-Rant:
[sblock]I'm generally unhappy with 5-level prestige classes. No, make that completely unhappy.[/sblock]

Hidden Master

First Post
Never thought about it before tonight, but with only a few tiny changes the original version Invisible blade would make an awesome fencer / swashbuckler PrC. Switch the Point Blank Shot requirement to something else (maybe Dodge), change all "dagger" references to "rapier", substitute a different bonus feat for Far Shot, and make up a different class feature to replace Extreme Dagger Throw...I think I like it...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads