iPad help

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Hi All

I was wondering if any of you clever techie bods could find a solution to this issue.

I run the majority of my campaign on an iPad pro, and despite a few foibles I'm pretty happy with it. The other day I found my original iPad from way back, now I appreciate its pretty much only useful to prop up wonky tables, however I was wondering if there was some way to achieve the following:

I find a use a lot of less common monsters in the game, and while i do describe them well its often backed up with showing the group a picture of said beastie, this is usually done by me holding the monster book to show the group, which is a little cumbersome as they don't all get a great view unless I pass it around which could lead to them seeing monster information. So back to the original ipad, is there someway I can remote connect to it from my ipad pro and use it purely as a picture viewer? So when I need to show them something I can perform 'an' action on the pro and have it appear on the original ipad?

I considered using a VTT like roll20 but I can't get it to run on any of the browser version on the original ipad, and I can't update the browsers to the versions required as is. I'm open to any suggestion even if it involves jailbreaking as really its pretty useless as is. I know I could load the pics on the ipad in advance but I'd prefer a solution a little more fluid and seamless if possible

Thanks for any help

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I own a few iPads, but I’m not aware of a way to slave one iPad to another. I’m also no tech guru.

What’s wrong with:

1) making folders in your Photos app for a given adventure and simply showing the players photos on that iPad?

2) doing likewise, but texting the photos to their mobile devices via the Message app

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
I own a few iPads, but I’m not aware of a way to slave one iPad to another. I’m also no tech guru.

What’s wrong with:

1) making folders in your Photos app for a given adventure and simply showing the players photos on that iPad?

2) doing likewise, but texting the photos to their mobile devices via the Message app

Thank you for the reply :)

1) Just convenience really, I'd like to have the ipad propped against the player side of the DM screen and the picture appear, rather than have to take the ipad, perform some action prop the ipad up and repeat each time. a little lazy i know

2)my players are great, but if they have one weakness its getting distracted by their phones, I don't want to give them any excuse to look at that phone!

tommybahama

Adventurer
I know you can mirror a screen from iPhone or computer to an iPad or use it as a second display. You might be able to mirror from iPad to iPad.

You can probably screen cap an image or copy paste it to an app like Notability (I think that's what it's called).

Remove ads