iPods

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
FWIW, Apple does have a 256GB iPod Touch in its current product line. Perhaps I will upgrade...

Yeah. I mean, that's a bit overpowered and overpriced. I don't really need a media player to able to do Facetime. I suppose someone likes that functionality - pretty much a smartphone, without the phone.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, I don’t do FaceTime or most social media.

But I am one of those people who likes to keep his phone uncluttered. If it were not for the App Store loading apps onto all my devices simultaneously, my iPhone might look stock.

...besides, with 5000+ CDs, 64GB of data would evaporate before I got halfway through loading them all. Heck, even at 160GB, it’s a bit of a squeeze.

256GB gives me some elbow room.

Also, I hate having to run down the battery on my phone to listen to music or watch a video. And interrupting my tunes to answer the phone annoys me, too.

My current ipod touch is one of the old 16gb,but like i said it's dying. The home button no longer works. I would switch to something else but i actually like using itunes to keep everything organized. My first ipod touch was an 8gb one.

Dioltach

Legend
I have an ancient iPod Classic on a speaker on my desk, and a battered old Touch for music and audiobooks on the go. Maybe one day I'll get something new, but for now it works perfectly and I have better things to do with my time.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But I am one of those people who likes to keep his phone uncluttered. If it were not for the App Store loading apps onto all my devices simultaneously, my iPhone might look stock.

...besides, with 5000+ CDs, 64GB of data would evaporate before I got halfway through loading them all. Heck, even at 160GB, it’s a bit of a squeeze.

256GB gives me some elbow room.

Also, I hate having to run down the battery on my phone to listen to music or watch a video. And interrupting my tunes to answer the phone annoys me, too.

Oh, yes. Same point as for my wife. All quite reasonable.

Just saying that the modern iPod is overkill for that task, and that there are cheaper alternatives to do that job.

Not an iPod, but I use an mp3 player to play the backing track for my band. Having spent plenty of time relying on hardware, it's so much easier and less fail-prone to just put all the not-live stuff there and hit play.

Remove ads